It's not April 1st already is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
And I've no idea how Ireland got into this.
Thats where I first came across them. On a farm. Agricultral weedkiller, used neat, was used to kill them. Never noticed the size given in the opening post. But the one killed in the building, was where I got the size from.

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you thinking of descendants of the coypu? Or this story?
http://phys.org/news/2012-10-super-rats-genetic-immunity-standard.html
Super rats first acknowledged in the 50's.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
So, did the family pay the pest controllers with some oversized bank notes? :whistle: And then thank them, see them out the front door, and watch them drive away in their oversized tradie van?

D

Deleted member 1258

How about DOOMWATCH, which was a kind of 1970s low budget English X files. There was one episode in that about super-intelligent rats. What that was doing clogging up my memory when I could be remembering useful things, I don't know.

I remember doomwatch, can't remember any of the episodes though.

classic33

Leg End Member
This an oversized rat
superrat.JPG

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had one as a pet, immaculately clean and very friendly. He only lived for a couple of years then his poor health meant I had to have him PTS, cracked me up but then I'm a big soft sh*te.

I've never liked things like that. Mice, rats, gerbils. Can't stand them near me. They give me the creeps. I know they are popular pets with some, but not me.:thumbsup:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My in laws went on holiday,they left a rat trap in the garden to catch this supposed rat that kept eating the bird food. They asked me to check if it'd been caught or killed. I told them yes to pacify them,but i just set the trap off with a stick so no rat or mouse would be hurt!:angel:
Some neighbours had two pet rats called Bert and Ernie. The rats developed tumours so they had them removed at the vet's costing hundreds of pounds! The rats died a few months later from "old age". They have them buried in the garden in marked graves. I often wonder if the vet didn't perform the operations and just found similar looking replacements then pocketed the money?!:whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I remember many years ago, there were stories of giant rats in the sewers in London. Experts were calling them super rats, and if my memory is correct, they were worried these things were going to find they're way into people's homes.the story was short lived and nothing else was heard.

A few years back (2005ish), I remember seeing a rat on some wasteground/building site in Central London (Blackfriars if you must know) and it was so large that at first I thought it was a small dog, so really, having seen one, I believe the giant rat stories!

Last edited:
Top Bottom