It's raining, you can borrow my car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I live in a small cosy shed cottage in my boss's garden.
His wife came round yesterday evening, quite late, 22.30 (just as I was looking for my over-shoes and waterproofs for today's commute) to ask me if I wanted to borrow her car.
I asked her what for. She looked at me as if I was mad, and said, 'well it's raining heavily, and it'll be raining all day tomorrow [it was] and I don't think you should cycle to work!'
I reassured her that it was fine, and perfectly normal for cyclists to commute to work (only about 7 km) in all weathers, given the right equipment.
She gave me a sympathetic, but withering look, as if to say, 'well, I'm not going to say I told you so!'
A very kind offer, but just shows that a lot of people don't understand or appreciate what cycle commuting is about! :wacko:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It was a nice offer.

Why did your boss's wife come round at 10.30, young man?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Is she tall, scandinavian and impossibly beautiful? I hate women like that. They should all be short, dark and stumpy like me.

It would be a very dangerous game, were you to take her up on her kind offer(s)

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Cathryn said:
Is she tall, scandinavian and impossibly beautiful? I hate women like that. They should all be short, dark and stumpy like me.

It would be a very dangerous game, were you to take her up on her kind offer(s)

She's tallish, Scandinavian, and very tasty pleasant, indeed! :smile:

I'm too long in the tooth to get involved in something like that, anyway, my ex of 10 years cheated on me for 5-6 months (leading to our break-up) with a bloke from work, so I know only too well how that feels!

Top Bottom