It's raining, you can borrow my car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dayvo

just passin' through
I live in a small cosy shed cottage in my boss's garden.
His wife came round yesterday evening, quite late, 22.30 (just as I was looking for my over-shoes and waterproofs for today's commute) to ask me if I wanted to borrow her car.
I asked her what for. She looked at me as if I was mad, and said, 'well it's raining heavily, and it'll be raining all day tomorrow [it was] and I don't think you should cycle to work!'
I reassured her that it was fine, and perfectly normal for cyclists to commute to work (only about 7 km) in all weathers, given the right equipment.
She gave me a sympathetic, but withering look, as if to say, 'well, I'm not going to say I told you so!'
A very kind offer, but just shows that a lot of people don't understand or appreciate what cycle commuting is about! :wacko:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It was a nice offer.

Why did your boss's wife come round at 10.30, young man?

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Cathryn said:
It was a nice offer.

Why did your boss's wife come round at 10.30, young man?

Erm, her husband is away playing golf in Sweden, but NO, it can't be! :smile:
I'm not naiive, nor foolish enough, to play, er, away, at er, home!
I would, virtually, just not actually. :wacko:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You did well!

Nah, it is both strange how nice and concerned people can be and yet not understand.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Is she tall, scandinavian and impossibly beautiful? I hate women like that. They should all be short, dark and stumpy like me.

It would be a very dangerous game, were you to take her up on her kind offer(s)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Perhaps they just realised that Dayvo is the dude. Offers should be rolling in :smile:.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Cathryn said:
Is she tall, scandinavian and impossibly beautiful? I hate women like that. They should all be short, dark and stumpy like me.

It would be a very dangerous game, were you to take her up on her kind offer(s)

She's tallish, Scandinavian, and very tasty pleasant, indeed! :smile:

I'm too long in the tooth to get involved in something like that, anyway, my ex of 10 years cheated on me for 5-6 months (leading to our break-up) with a bloke from work, so I know only too well how that feels!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
She wanted you to lose your balls in the rough. Possibly. And show her your best wood. :smile:

Top Bottom