Its rough out there today......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Took the new MTB out for its first spin in the mud.

On the way back I have to ride a long stright road where I can usually push to just over 20mph for the length of it.
Today, pushing as hard as I could in the 50mile/Hour wind and rain, 6mph :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cheers

Chris :biggrin:

Hugo15

Über Member
I planned to get out before the rain came. Managed all of 50 yards to the end of the road before it started. Braved it round the lanes for over an hours before a combination of the cold and wet on my bad knee made me decide I had done enough. On the plus side, my knee felt the best it has done for months!!

longers

Legendary Member
Your right Panter, good job I went out yesterday :biggrin:. I did my longest ride for a while, a shade under 60 miles, and it was right good.

Todays been a perfect day for fettling the bike and I know have a lovely clean bike with a new cassette and chain on. I'll take it for a spin to check it all works soon. I also greased the cleat bolts on my spd's.

longers

Legendary Member
As soon as I typed about going out - it starts hailing! Dog still needs a walk and the bike needs a test ride though.

ash68

we don't have the wind round here today, but it feels raw. Cold,raining and the roads have loads of big puddles.Got out for 45 miles and decided that was enough as I was starting to feel cold and wet and miserable. Got Monday & tuesday off work. Monday xmas shopping , hope for better weather on Tuesday and get another daylight ride in.:biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Yes it is rough out there today, I can see it through the window !

And i've got a dog permanently licking my right hand, wonder what he's after ? Ash is right though, not much wind here.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hideous in Leeds.I went for a freezing cold, soaking wet run this morning and ditched any ideas of cycling this afternoon...so am now snuggled on the sofa with a duvet watching the Sound of Music. Heaven!!

mixture of larruping and sunshine in sw london... windy as hell though. i got a very nasty slap on the ear from a leaf, blown at high speed... i was walking to the supermarket at the time.. so windy out it almost blew my woolly hat off!

I was ride leader - and therefore committed to the task. At 11s I took a vote, which was resoundingly in favour of returning home.

I'm not complaining - I got about sixty miles in, and when the sun came up we headed up Little Switzerland, and Tumber Lane, splashing through a slew of run off and horse poo, getting dirtier and smellier by the minute.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I spent an hour cleaning my bike after yesterdays trudge through the muddy lanes. No way I was going out today, the wind was bordering on dangerous. I quite like the rain though, I always find it pleasant and relaxing to ride in (though not too often).

mondobongo

Über Member
We have had rain and hail all bloody week in Blackpool its been pants, hoping it moves off somewhere else this week otherwise I am gonna have to grow webbed feet. Absolutely howling a gale at the moment so stuck in once again.

Pete

Well, a bit of classification needed here: there's (i) rain, there's (ii) p!ssing down, and there's (iii) what we had outside, this morning. I wasn't outside this morning. I don't go out in (iii). I pray earnestly never to get caught out in (iii). :biggrin::ohmy::biggrin:. 'nuff said, I may be stupid but I'm not that much a fool!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
mondobongo said:
We have had rain and hail all bloody week in Blackpool its been pants, hoping it moves off somewhere else this week otherwise I am gonna have to grow webbed feet. Absolutely howling a gale at the moment so stuck in once again.
No change there then !! :biggrin:

Top Bottom