Itunes now syncing with iPad on Windows 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
For ages (on Windows 10) Itunes would not sync with my iPad and would not even recognise it. After many false leads on the web, and tearing my hair out, I looked at the Windows security logs. Windows firewall was blocking the connection to the ipad. You need to allow the following programs through the firewall then all with be sweet again.

AppleMobileDeviceProcess.exe in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_12093.3.37141.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\AMDS64

SyncServer.exe in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_12093.3.37141.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\AMDS32

Happy days.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm not sure why you would need it to. I have iTunes on my iPad and it just updates from there to my account.
Interestingly I just bought an old iPod classic off eBay as not working, it was just a battery problem. Turns out it had 16,500 tracks on it and I found it is possible to transfer those into your library even if you hadn't bought them.

Edit: Just realised did you mean ipod ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm not sure why you would need it to. I have iTunes on my iPad and it just updates from there to my account.
Interestingly I just bought an old iPod classic off eBay as not working, it was just a battery problem. Turns out it had 16,500 tracks on it and I found it is possible to transfer those into your library even if you hadn't bought them.

Edit: Just realised did you mean ipod ?

Because not all my music is in the iTunes cloud. I have all my LPs and CD music on the PC to sync as and when I want.

Top Bottom