Iv'e been banned....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
classic33 said:
from recycling due to the fact that I use a pedal cycle. In my case a Brox Quad.

Reason given include:
That whilst using a pedal cycle I am in fact a pedestrian, not a cyclist.

A bicycle or in my case a quadricyle is placed in the same class as a mini-moto, or a child on a scooter.

Council not willing to accept/believe that a pedal cycle is a legal road vehicle.

Anyone else come across this.

From the same council that brought us this-
http://www.larsoa.org.uk/larsoa_archive/news_nov05/news11_killer_bikes.htm

What a joke. How an earth is this any different from owners of large vehicles who have to park outside and walk in because their vehicles are too high to get under the height restriction bar. I would phone up your local paper as they would love a story like this and how the council are stopping you recycling. Also I would point out to the jobsworths involved that if they claim the cycle is not a road legal vehicle why are there certain parts of the highway code just designed for cyclists ?

That press release is truly amazing. What the RSO is saying is "I can't dfo my job, I can't keep kids on their bikes safe from motorists, and what's more I'm admitting it and I don't realise how shoot that makes me look". Mindboggling.

LLB

simonali said:
McDonalds don't let cyclists in their drive thrus either. They let me get to the front of the queue before telling me, as well!

I've walked in to the restaurant with my bike before now as the car park is always full of thieving chavs

simonali

Guru
linfordlunchbox said:
I've walked in to the restaurant with my bike before now as the car park is always full of thieving chavs

That's why I went around the drive-thru - I didn't want to leave the bike outside, due to having no lock. Got told it was for motor vehicles only!

Not sure what it is about McD's that attracts spotty oiks in their bazooka-exhaust'd up 1.1 Peugeots? ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I go to my local Tip, sorry recycling centre, and Iv'e never had any problems. I did get refused at a Burger King drive through with my son when we went to the window, the excuse being that it was only for cars.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Hmm. Interesting. I called in at Strensall "Civic Amenity Site" the other day. The height barrier which has always previously been open, was closed, and the van I was driving was too tall to go under. So I parked outside and walked in with an armful of plastic bottles, cans and so on.

Just inside the entrance, a chap in a yellow jacket asked me what I was carrying. So I showed him. He said I couldn't walk it in, because there was "no pedestrian access". This struck me as odd, because he'd just walked out to me... Anyway, he said he'd open the barrier to let the van in, and did so.

I had to walk out, drive in, and drive out again, taking three times as long as it would have just to walk the twenty yards to the recyling containers.

Now I see what was going on - I was suppposed to have come by car.

I've ridden straight in with a bike and trailer before with no trouble, but I wonder if it's simply been that by the time anyone notices I've done it, it's too late to stop me. Plus there's no "legal" way of me getting out again once I'm in with the bike, so it's best just to look the other way.

Top Bottom