Ive been given a free TREK SLR 6500 series 6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Started to clean this up this afternoon and found a broken spoke in the back wheel, trip to the lbs for a new one shortly

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Took the back tyre off to find a 700c innertube in a 26"tyre, it must have felt like riding over a brick once every wheel revolution, no problem says I, out to the shed for a replacement tube , hmmm yeah right , don't you love when the spare tubes you have are Schrader and you need presta, I had just come back from the lbs too :laugh:

New front brake cable , new noodle and new blocks fitted on the front and the frame has cleaned up really well.. IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1906.JPG new chain and gear cables to do either tomorrow or saturday

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
front and rear brakes have had new cables, inner and outers , noodles and brake blocks, new front and rear gear cables ,inners and outers, ive never seen a rear inner gear cable as stiff, I could only just pull it from its outer, forks have had a going over , just got the chain to change, oh and new grips. spend so far £14 for chain and brake noodles , I already had the cables and blocks, and of course the bike was free ^_^…..did I mention , I like free:okay:

It is actually a 2007 model, this is the year they came with Manitou Slate forks.
Could it once have had disc brakes?
https://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-corner/help-finding-trek-bike-732263.html

http://www.mountainbike.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35226

I had a 2007 model, for a while, before selling it
I used it for CX, as I didn't have a CX bike at that point, & thought it could dual-purpose, for bridleways, etc....

Mindst you, it had the 'sit up & beg' stem changed before leaving the shop also the upswept (cow-horn…. to me) 'bars

The fat tyres (2.3"?) were swapped for a pair of 1.5" (more clearance, & I rode light, anyway)

The 'old' club kit, taken at the 2007 'Harriers v Cyclists'
Cycling. Cyclo-Cross. 2007. Cyclist verses Harriers. 8.JPG

Leaning on my, sadly departed, early 2010; 110 CSW
2007. Trek 6000 Disc. 2.JPG

johnblack

Über Member
Had one with discs in matte grey, only upgraded from it this winter. Great all-rounder.

Top Bottom