I've been painting again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Many Thanks @ianrauk

Salar

A fish out of water
Something slightly different.

Coloured pencil drawing of farmer at sheep market (mart).

Salar

A fish out of water
That's really nice @Salar :okay:

If you didn't say it was coloured pencil, I'd have thought crayon / wax bar or pastel.

I used coloured pencils with lots of layers to get the effect.
The little bit of roof you can see at the top right hand corner must be at least ten layers of browns and greys. After a while the layers build up and go oily, blending with each other.

I then did a bit of scratching with a a scalpel to roughen it up.

I used coloured pencils with lots of layers to get the effect.
The little bit of roof you can see at the top right hand corner must be at least ten layers of browns and greys. After a while the layers build up and go oily, blending with each other.

I then did a bit of scratching with a a scalpel to roughen it up.

It's amazing how the same tools and a few extra tweaks can give such a different end look, isn't it? :smile:

I don't go for quite so many layers, three or four tops, though to get the "shiny" paint effect on racing cars, I will burnish / smudge with a paper torchon, a cotton bud, or even my fingers. An off-white or payne's grey pencil can be used to similar effect.

BTW, I use a mix of Faber-Castell "Albrecht Durer" and Bruynzeel "Design Aquarel" watercolour pencils, plus a smaller range of Faber-Castell "Polychromos" oil-based pencils, usually on Daler Murano pastel paper. I prefer paper with a bit of a "tooth" to it.

Back to pen & watercolour for this one - another piece to illustrate my scrapbook. 12 x 8 inches, titled "A Dreich Day at Thruxton". Paul Warwick, Intersport Racing Reynard 893-Toyota, Thruxton, Easter Monday 1989.

NR1F5464_small3.jpg

Have to say, the daylight bulb helped loads with this. Might look for a higher wattage one though, as there were times I could have done with a bit more *oomph*

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It'll do.

It's very good
You are Brian Sewell AICMFP....

Top Bottom