Ive grown a moustache

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I ordered a Moustache Friday 28.7 on :blush:Wednesday and it arrived today. Quite simple to set up through an app. Put some pedals on and a quick test ride in Eco mode. First impressions are that it is not as heavy as expected. Its a 10 speed and is easy to ride with the power turned off. In Eco mode it was showing a range of 111km. But that is to be tested. It really is a lovely looking bike. The assist glides in straight away and it really moves along quickly with very little effort. Turbo mode is going to be interested.:laugh:

Attachments

• 20220610_170310.jpg
    20220610_170310.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220610_170252.jpg
    20220610_170252.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220610_170119.jpg
    20220610_170119.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220610_170108.jpg
    20220610_170108.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 7

Slick

Guru
Looks a belter.:okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
What's not to like drop handlebar, mudguards, rack, lights. Like the slick tyres, hydraulics.

I liked the honesty from the website 600W peak 250W nominal rated Bosch motor. I'd of hoped for more torque (50Nm) but if there are no steep hills to climb it will be more than sufficient.

Nice bike :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I liked the honesty from the website 600W peak 250W nominal rated Bosch motor. I'd of hoped for more torque (50Nm) but if there are no steep hills to climb it will be more than sufficient.

I was going to say that there are no steep hills in Denmark, but apparently I was wrong - here is a fairly steep one! :okay:

I don't need an e-bike yet, but if/when I do, that is probably the kind of machine that I would go for.

CXRAndy

Guru
I don't need an ebike, but they're great fun. Make riding hills, flat, headwinds, calm. I can carry loads and have no speed penalty.

Where we live now, my wife can easily drop me on the climbs with her ebike. The upside she would not ride these hills without an ebike. It allows us both to go out for local rides equally. I can go out on my road bike when I want to go further.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Looks lovely. Not so sure about the name. The next model might be
Moustache are the makers. The model is the Friday 28.7

I don't need an ebike, but they're great fun. Make riding hills, flat, headwinds, calm. I can carry loads and have no speed penalty.

Where we live now, my wife can easily drop me on the climbs with her ebike. The upside she would not ride these hills without an ebike. It allows us both to go out for local rides equally. I can go out on my road bike when I want to go further.

I dont need one either. I am still riding between 150 and 250km on my road bike each week. But Jannie can use it at the weekend and I can extend my rides to somewhere close to 100km more often when she is with me. I can imagine I will use it for my commute occasionally. I dont feel the need to push it every time I get on a bike. It will give me a bit of a break.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was going to say that there are no steep hills in Denmark, but apparently I was wrong - here is a fairly steep one! :okay:

I don't need an e-bike yet, but if/when I do, that is probably the kind of machine that I would go for.

There is a misconception that Denmark is something like Holland. On the West Coast it is flat all the way up. The headwinds can cripple you over there. The rest of the country rolls and can be windy. It suprises a lot of riders.

gzoom

Über Member
I'm 40, all my limbs work, my resting HR is just over 40, my BMI is 21, I now have ZERO interest in buying any pedal bike that ISN'T an eBike :smile:.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'm 40, all my limbs work, my resting HR is just over 40, my BMI is 21, I now have ZERO interest in buying any pedal bike that ISN'T an eBike :smile:.

You have discovered what a lot of people in the UK have not discovered yet. You do not have to be old or infirm to enjoy an ebike. Its not about needing one. They are commonplace in non Brexit countries.😊

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am sure that they ARE fun but I know what I am like... I steer clear of lots of things that are fun (junk food, drink, drugs, wild women etc. ) because once I start indulging myself I don't know when to stop! :laugh:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am sure that they ARE fun but I know what I am like... I steer clear of lots of things that are fun (junk food, drink, drugs, wild women etc. ) because once I start indulging myself I don't know when to stop! :laugh:

You have a very good point. I want to ride Tuscany Trail and the Pan Celtic Race next year. I doubt if they will allow this bike and so I must keep slumming it. 😊

Top Bottom