I've just bought a slow cooker ... give me your recipe ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Beefstew cooked in red wine, potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, delicious especially if you have some left over the day after, even better.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Tagine. Lovely lovely lamb tagine.

Does it do pressure cooking as well? Pressure cooked pot roast lemon and herb chicken is a lot nicer than you'd think.

gom

Über Member
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Cook-Book-DK/dp/1405367822
I was given this book when I got a slow cooker a couple of years ago. Not made anything like half the recipes yet, but all those I’ve used have been top-notch delicious. Boeuf bourguignon one of my favourites. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tagine. Lovely lovely lamb tagine.

Does it do pressure cooking as well? Pressure cooked pot roast lemon and herb chicken is a lot nicer than you'd think.
Doesn't do pressure cooking ... cheap and cheerful Argos jobby. Tagine is something I'm keen to have a bash at

tom73

Guru
Steamed pudding

Try cooking a whole chicken a roast dinner you can put on leave it, go out come back and enjoy.

Can even do a full English in one.

You just need to search the net I'm sure, you can pretty much cook anything in a slow cooker, someone I used to work with used to do a roast dinner in hers, layering the vegetables around the chicken or joint of meat in the centre, with spuds on top I think.. shed put it on before work and would be perfect by dinner time apparently.

I know it's not technically a roast, but I doubt any of us do a real roast in front of an open fire, we actually bake it, not roast it.

I usually just do stews in mine when I use it - the slow cooked pulled pork works well, must remember the cola next time, nice to try that (and cola has to have rum or whiskey in it of course)

Top Bottom