I've never seen a Star Wars film...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
Until today. Really dont like Sci-fi. In all my 47 years I've never seen more than 5 mins of any science fiction. So I had the morning to myself and thought I'd try out the imax at Cineworld. Sat through Star Wars in imax 3D. Gotta say the imax 3D experience is fantastic. Film itself was meh, but an ideal one for the imax experience. Still don't like sci-fi.

Tin Pot

Guru
:popcorn:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Until today. Really dont like Sci-fi. In all my 47 years I've never seen more than 5 mins of any science fiction. So I had the morning to myself and thought I'd try out the imax at Cineworld. Sat through Star Wars in imax 3D. Gotta say the imax 3D experience is fantastic. Film itself was meh, but an ideal one for the imax experience. Still don't like sci-fi.

I love sci-fi. I took my son to see the new Star Wars yesterday. It was meh :cry:. Worse than Force Awakens. I love Star Wars, the original trilogy, and even the prequel trilogy (yes, I do, don’t hate me). Want to see an excellent Star Wars film? Rogue One is brilliant :hyper:. I have higher hopes for Solo. After seeing Episode VIII, my expectations for IX are low. Disappointed. :sad:

I love sci-fi. I took my son to see the new Star Wars yesterday. It was meh :cry:. Worse than Force Awakens. I love Star Wars, the original trilogy, and even the prequel trilogy (yes, I do, don’t hate me). Want to see an excellent Star Wars film? Rogue One is brilliant :hyper:. I have higher hopes for Solo. After seeing Episode VIII, my expectations for IX are low. Disappointed. :sad:

Yep you are correct

The last Jedi made so many errors of what Star Wars is about

It’s no empire strikes back !

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I've never seen any of them in entirety either, just snippets
Just wasn't interested in them

Guess I'm a Star-Trek guy instead, as I saw 'Generations', 'First Contact', Insurrection' & 'Nemesis' at the cinema

I really do like both. Trek and Wars are very different universes that just happen to be set in space. I’m just profoundly disappointed in the new SW trilogy. I watched ST: Discovery and, other than the Klingons not looking quite right, I enjoyed it. :smile:

Tin Pot

Guru

StarWars is Science Fantasy. The story could be set at any time, it’s an opera, it just so happens to be space faring. It’s fun.

Science Fiction is the imagining and exploration of possible futures based on current or hypothesised science - which is why it captures a greater percentage of smart people’s attention over say rom-coms.

I really do like both. Trek and Wars are very different universes that just happen to be set in space. I’m just profoundly disappointed in the new SW trilogy. I watched ST: Discovery and, other than the Klingons not looking quite right, I enjoyed it. :smile:

I watched The Orville (2nd episode, missed the first) & recognised a couple of faces
The Captains ex-wife/First Officer was Bobbi Morse, in 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D'
The Doctor was (Captain) Ben Siskos girlfriend (Cassidy Yates) in 'Star-Trek Deep Space 9'

Looking at the casting, via Wikipedia, a later episode will see Robert Picardo in it (who was the holographic Doctor in Star-Trek Voyager')

I guess, when I think of a young Harrison Ford nowadays, I think of him in a very different George Lucas film, driving a very mean '55 Chevy
Along with Ron Howard, Charles Martin Smith, Richard Dreyfuss, and many others (& a cracking musical score)

EDIT @ 20:45
Watch this, & see how far down the cast list, HF was:eek:

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I’ve watched the first episode of The Orville and that was a struggle to get to the end as I was bored silly. I just didn’t find it funny. Don’t think I’ll bother with more.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm also a sci-fi fsn and can't wait to see the new Star Wars.

I saw a brilliant film the other day called 'District 9'. If youre a sci-fi fan and haven't seen it I'd urge you to go. Its a little different to the stateside films as its made and set in South Africa. It raises some interesting questions.

View: https://youtu.be/DyLUwOcR5pk

District 9 is fantastic. Absolutely love it. However, they then gave Blomkamp a proper budget to make another film and he came up with Elysium, which is all the bits of District 9 that don't really matter, regurgitated and amplified. It's a proper stinker, such a terrible film that even Jodie Foster can't save it. It makes me think that he made District 9 sort of by accident, without realising what it was that made it so great.

Mind you, D9 was produced by Peter Jackson, who did exactly the same with the LOTR / Hobbit trilogies.

Top Bottom