I've never seen a Star Wars film...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
sci-fi films can be good. They are an extrapolation of present day hopes and fears. Except Star Wars wasn't. It was more an extrapolation of WW2 war movies with a bit of far eastern religiosity.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've never seen any of the Die Hard films.

I enjoyed District 9, but couldn't help but feel like i was watching a remake of The Quatermass eXperiment.

Tin Pot

Guru
If you’re not into sci fi but of an engineering/physics ilk then you might like The Martian

Europa Report and Gravity are good for realities of space travel.

Interstellar if you’re willing to think beyond your own lifespan.

Sorry folks, but I have never seen any of the Star Wars franchise films, nor any it's of them that I can recall. They hold zero interest for me, but sci-fi is not my thing at all.

sci-fi films can be good. They are an extrapolation of present day hopes and fears. Except Star Wars wasn't. It was more an extrapolation of WW2 war movies with a bit of far eastern religiosity.

Wasn't Lucas apparently influenced by films like '633 Squadron', & 'DamBusters'

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes, and by The Hidden Fortress by Akira Kurosawa, and I don't know what else.

Velerian city of a thousand planets - (edit: star wars is )almost a total knock off of the comic book.

To fair, as a teenager I love the first two, which still stand up as pure entertainement. The third one with the teddy bears was weak ans every other one I've seen has been woefull. I've not bothered with the recent ones.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
To fair, as a teenager I love the first two, which still stand up as pure entertainement. The third one with the teddy bears was weak ans every other one I've seen has been woefull. I've not bothered with the recent ones.

^^^ This sums up my thoughts too.

Rogue One is a film worthy of the first two (Episodes IV and V), but everything else has been a disappointment.
It's now a cash cow for Disney and seems destined to be milked for every last penny

winjim

Smash the cistern
Velerian city of a thousand planets - almost a total knock off of the comic book.

Wisecracking Vader aside, Rogue One is the Star Wars movie.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Velerian city of a thousand planets - almost a total knock off of the comic book.

Yes, I've heard that. I saw the film version of Valerian this year. I thought it was pretty good, although I have not read the comics to compare. I suppose all the funny looking aliens came out of Valerian, maybe the desert planet.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes, I've heard that. I saw the film version of Valerian this year. I thought it was pretty good, although I have not read the comics to compare. I suppose all the funny looking aliens came out of Valerian, maybe the desert planet.

And the millenial falcon, oh, and the bar scene. I think maybe thr robots too

Top Bottom