I've won a Pinarello FP1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

hi just heard i,ve won a pinarello fp1 from a comp i entered a few weeks ago . oh and a years supply of pasra as well :blink: so as u can imagine im well pleased
the guy that called to give me the info said some one from the bike dept of the company will call me to discuss sizes etc .
at the mo i have a spez tricross sport 2010 its a size 52cm and i was advized by spez shop that this was size i needed .
can anyone tell me if i should go for the same sized frame in MY NEW PINARELLO ( WHOOOOOOOOO ) or do the sizes vary much in diff bike manufacturers , also given the fact my current bike is a cross . should i more or less be the same size of bike in a ROAD bike as well ,
i was thinking i could nip into a dealer shop and try out the size but dont want to let them think im going to buy it from them .. what do u think
ps anyone have or know much about the pinarello fp1 ..
thanx

some one from the bike dept of the company will call me to discuss sizes etc

Congratulations!

They will know your size...

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Very nice! :rolleyes:

Get your height, inside leg and arm length (finger tip to finger tip outstretched) ready for them. Which should be enough for frame size and a rough setup.

Abs

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
ps anyone have or know much about the pinarello fp1 ..
thanx

Do you mean this one?

They are rubbish, I will take it off your hands if you like :huh:

hi just heard i,ve won a pinarello fp1 from a comp i entered a few weeks ago . oh and a years supply of pasra as well :rolleyes: so as u can imagine im well pleased
the guy that called to give me the info said some one from the bike dept of the company will call me to discuss sizes etc .
at the mo i have a spez tricross sport 2010 its a size 52cm and i was advized by spez shop that this was size i needed .
can anyone tell me if i should go for the same sized frame in MY NEW PINARELLO ( WHOOOOOOOOO ) or do the sizes vary much in diff bike manufacturers , also given the fact my current bike is a cross . should i more or less be the same size of bike in a ROAD bike as well ,
i was thinking i could nip into a dealer shop and try out the size but dont want to let them think im going to buy it from them .. what do u think

You could get a bike fitting, the Tri Centre does them, they will also help to tweak it up to make sure that it fits you perfectly, well worth it for £35, especially if you have just got a £1k bike for free... :biggrin:

Congratulations. A bike fit is a good guide but sometimes it is worth remembering that a fit system is usually aimed at getting the most efficient size for speed; not necessarily the optimum for comfort. Both the bike fit I had done at the tri centre and online suggest 56cm frames for me but I ride a 55cm and 54cms bikes.

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

Thanx for the info . Yes HJ I think it's the 2009 model well it don't say in the comp details bit going by the pic I'm sure it is . I think I'll pop into the bike shop and have a sit on I'm sure they won't mind to much . Think the tri centre fit would be good once I get the bike . Thanx
Ps anyone 4 pasta ;)

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
I think they do fitting at the Bike Chain as well.

Sam

postman

Legendary Member
Don't get too excited .It's only got Sora ,and that white bar tape!!!!! Well it will be grey anytime soon .So what size?

I would say a 62 ,then send it over to Leeds for a try out .And i will review it for you .And send it back (eventually).

No ,joking .Well done a great prize .Hope you have many years of riding on it .

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

Postman I know it's only got sora but as I've got a mountain bike and a cross bike just now so a nice road bike ( especially free of charge ) will be a great addition to my stable . I'm well pls anyway :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
BRILLIANT :bravo: ! Well Done ! :cheers:

There is a lot talked about different fitting systems/methods. Here's one :blush:

Have a think about what is more important to you for this bike: comfort or speed. HLaB has posted that his bike fittings gave a different frame size from what is comfortable for him. I would suggest that, somewhere along the line, he was not able to convey his preferences effectively to those doing the fitting (in one case - to himself :eek:). If you want a 'comfort' fitting, then the fitter should take this into account (mine did).

I would guess that, if you went in to a Pinarello dealer and told them of your success and could they let you see/try for size an example of what you will be getting, they should be delighted for you and be pleased to assist. After all, you may want some (upgrade ?) bits later on ....

Looking forward to slobbering enviously over seeing it :bicycle:.

They'll be no catching you now ..... :headshake:

Top Bottom