Jack Russell/Shih Tzu 1 devil dog 0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
2. No it really doesn't imply most. Please look up the word in a dictionary.

Was going to add an emoticon, but didn't quite know which one to use.

[QUOTE 3245474, member: 259"]Honestly, Doug, if you'd not be nine feet forward, as my grannie from Fife would say, you'd be ten feet behind.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's meant to mean something....

Blue

Legendary Member
Not helpful and just hitting other people's dogs will get you into trouble sooner or later!!

You can usually tell what a dog's intentions are, dogs tend to be very simple animals once you strip away all the fluff (no pun intended).
Never hit a dog, or any other animal in my life - and I'm in my 60's. Dogs understand body language too.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yum yum, I want to eat you all!!:

image.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Reading this, looking at the language, I thought it was a joke at first..... All I can say is the only attitude I can see was from you, I mean, re read what you just wrote man! (Ok, so the dog was off the lead, but, still, that doesn't instantly make it a bad thing *read below*).

Owning a Staffy as I do, I know only too well that people instantly judge you and treat you like some sort of criminal just because of the dog you have (even though she is a Pedigree.... Well, Ex Pedigree as she only has 3 legs). I see the way people look at me.

Whilst I don't know the circumstances, and generally wouldn't let her off the lead (she never want to go far from you anyway), I do know that Staffies want to jump up and say hello, it doesn't mean they are attacking, they are just being friendly , it is what they do, they want jump up and lick you. Yes they might be a bit rough, but that is just it. Having lived with one for 10 years, trust me on this!
Disconcerting at first, but usually no harm is meant, and if I saw someone having a total overreaction like you did, I wouldn't be too pleased either.

Does that make me a coward?? No, Does that make Cindy a Devil dog?? No, of course not I like Cindy for who she is, not what kind of dog she is.

You see, you people go on about the owner, but take a look at your OWN reaction for a moment, an over reaction can be just as bad and in fact can make things a lot worse!! (Yet again, been there, done that, got the T-Shirt, brochure and amusing novelty hat).

Now, whilst I generally don't let Cindy off the lead now, many other dogs are let off the lead all the time without any ill effects, Staffie or anything else.[/QUOTE

It wasn't like the dog you have in your pictures Doug,it was like more like one of these.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66dciR-fCY

I wasn't over reacting and to be honest i'm sick of these monsters walking around with their dim whit owners allowing them to intimidate people as they do. I don't want such animals as the ones in the video jumping up at me I've been a dog owner for most of my life by the way.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It wasn't like your dog Doug, more like one of these.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66dciR-fCY

I wasn't over reacting my first thoughts were to protect my little mutt. Giving it a kick and a whack could've saved us a mauling."He's harmless" means nothing when such a beast is approaching,and to be honest i'm sick of these bred/taught to be aggressive dogs walking around with their careless(to put it mildly) owners allowing them to intimidate people as they do. I don't want such animals as the ones in the video jumping up at me "friendly" or not. I've been a dog owner for most of my life by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TVC

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Accy's story struck a chord with me having been growled at by an approaching Rottweiler whose owner was on the phone several metres away and clearly couldn't give a stuff.

In that situation, nor could I, but happily plan A - growl back and accelerate - worked.

Most dogs are bred to kill something, and their behaviour, like humans, can be unpredictable.

Dogs are also not daft - why do you think an aggressive dog jumps up at you?

It's because the dog knows its best chance of killing you is to rip your throat out.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It wasn't like your dog Doug, more like one of these.

Ok

She is actually a Pedigree Staffie (well, until her accident and she was put up for rescue - They loose their papers so that you can't buy one cheaply) and is what a true Staffie should look like. The larger ones seem to have been bred to be more intimidating in appearance, but still, people think that Cindy is bad enough!

She is now 11, but people still think she's a lot younger because they are used to seeing bigger versions.

Top Bottom