Jack Russels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Blooming hell, they can run fast. I stopped by the chicken farm today to have some of my cereal bar, just got it out my pocket and i hear some barking, i turn around and see two Jack Russels coming at me barking, not looking too happy. So i quickly went off, got up to 20mph really quick, turn around and theres still one of the dogs still running, at about 22 the dog stopped, i think it was because we had got a distance down the road and walked back to where it came.
Never knew they could run so fast. I was lucky i got away and that the dog stayed behind me and didnt get near Deirdre so there was no risk of me hitting the dog. Would have beennice to scare the dog though.:smile:
Small dogs dont really seem to like me much, not sure why.
Any dogs ran by the side of you, and you've been able to see just how fast they really are?

Melvil

I used to race (on foot) our pet Jack Russell when I was a boy...I was nearly out of University (and poor Lucky was an old codger) before I was finally able to beat him. He was well annoyed.

Jack Russells are often called 'Big dogs in small bodies' and that certainly applies to their speed!

longers

Legendary Member
This isn't a hobby of mine but I've clocked:-
a)my mums Border terrier at 16.4mph
b)my German Shepherd at 18.6mph
c)and a Turkish Akbash at around 35mph before he ran out of field.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nasty little buggers they are.

We got chased by a big dog, going up 'Birtles' climb in Cheshire some years back...I've never gone so fast in a 42 x 19 before - over 25 mph..... either run for it or go back...... worse for a couple of mates that chickened out.... had to pass the bugger again.....

Brock

I remember seeing a funny little man running towards me waving his arms and shouting and wondering what the heck his problem was before noticing his nasty little jack russel about halfway between us coming at me like a bullet, it yapped and snarled and nipped at my tyres but I didn't manage to run it over before the wheezing pot bellied owner grabbed it apologetically.
I don't like dogs.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yorkshire terriers can be aggressive aswell. I've had a few of them come after me when i'm on my paper round. Them Shitsus are not happy. I put a paper through one letter box on my paper round and it grabs it, and throws it about. Dont think they can run too fast though.
I would think a German Shepherd would run faster.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Or the little git that ran out in the road as about a dozen of us were climbing Long Hill .. towards Buxton - bikes all over the road as we tried to avoid the blighter...funny though.....

graham56

Guru
Joe24 said:
Yorkshire terriers can be aggressive aswell. I've had a few of them come after me when i'm on my paper round. Them Shitsus are not happy. I put a paper through one letter box on my paper round and it grabs it, and throws it about. Dont think they can run too fast though.
I would think a German Shepherd would run faster.

Nah, they`re not that fast, after all if they were i`m sure the German Olympic 4x100 mtr squad would be full of them. :smile:;):cry:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
Nasty little buggers they are.

Boo! Although saying that, my Gran's was somewhat, er, excitable. Our mutt (a Jack crossed with something else, at some point) is a lovely, affectionate little dog though.

I've been chased by farm dogs once, in France, and have regretted not knowing the French for "Bugger off you little sods" ever since. I rather suspect that the £99 full sus bike we got with the gite has never moved so fast, before or since.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was a teenager I was wandering about some local fields with a couple of mates when a middle-aged woman appeared with a Jack Russell by her side...

Jack Russell, to mate: "Grrr, yap, yap"

Mate, to Jack Russell: "GRRR, YAP, YAP!"

Jack Russell, to mate: "Grrrrrrrrrrrr, yaaaaaaaaaaaap, yaaaaaaaaaaaaap"

Mate, to Jack Russell: "GRRRRRRRR,, YAAAAAAAAAAP, YAAAAAAAAAAP!"

Woman, to mate: "Don't do that, he'll go for you!"

Jack Russell, to mate: "GRRRRRRRR,, YAAAAAAAAAAP, YAAAAAAAAAAP!"

Mate (ignoring woman): "GRR....."

Suddenly a little brown and white furry object shot up into the air and sank its fangs into my mate's high inner thigh; very, very close to being able to circumcise him :smile:!!! The dog just hung there, snarling contendedly....

Woman, to mate: "I told you so!"

I stood there with my other mate and we just howled with laughter. Big tough teenager mate reduced to whimpering heap crying for his mum in two seconds flat :smile::biggrin::biggrin:.

mondobongo

Über Member
We had one that managed to take a Goose out one day on its walk round Croxteth Park, Mums husband at the time was an ex farm hand and had the goose in a bag and home in a flash.

Top Bottom