Jaguar 4x4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I bet you anything each one of these posters have bought something that could be bought far cheaper that does the job just as well.

I am struggling to think of anything, from shitty can openers, ill fitting t-shirts, manky watches to my latest "cheap" purchase, floating egg poachers from Poundland. I wish I'd bought a £20 poaching pan tbh.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
This is my point though. Many jumping on saying their cheaper car is better suited for the job than a more expensive car so anyone buying one is a fool.

I bet you anything each one of these posters have bought something that could be bought far cheaper that does the job just as well.

As very few of us are blessed with a bottomless purse, it's all about how we prioritise our spending depending depending on what interests us and gives us enjoyment and what we perceive as value for money. This will vary from person to person.

Most on here would view my bikes as junk but I enjoy pulling bikes from the dump and returning them into something useable. I've always tended to the same with cars. Sometimes it's questionable if actually save money but they're my babies:wub:

I whole heartedly agree. However, the scorn given to someone who can comfortably afford a more exoensive car is hypocritical if they buy more exoensive lower value items.

Top Bottom