James Blunt has just claimed on 5 Live that he...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Actually, if you read/hear the interview all he does is say that 'if' the order to attack the Russians hadn't been vitoed by Michael Jackson he'd have been ready to disobay the order.

So in fact all Mr. Blunt did was to sit in a tank and concur with his Commanding officer.

Whoop de doo.
Big Fat Hairy Deal.

It is the media, again making something out of a non story and if he'd had any honour on a day such as this he'd have played the story down.

darkstar

I do find the hatred towards Blunt quite funny, I'm no fan of his music, but when you see him interviews, he's very funny and genuine. He's a victim of his own success and people make false assumptions of him.

Actually, if you read/hear the interview all he does is say that 'if' the order to attack the Russians hadn't been vitoed by Michael Jackson he'd have been ready to disobay the order.

So in fact all Mr. Blunt did was to sit in a tank and concur with his Commanding officer.

Whoop de doo.
Big Fat Hairy Deal.

It is the media, again making something out of a non story and if he'd had any honour on a day such as this he'd have played the story down.

Well lets hope all those Officers who sit in Tanks or other Armoured vehicles and concur with Senior Officers in Afganistan, dont take offence at your remarks!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Well they'd have to be a damn good shot from that distance. :biggrin:

My stand is this, I don't think that our boys and girls get anything like the respect and support that they deserve, either on the front line or upon returning home.

The problem lays, as always, with the politicians that send them into combat.

Siegfried Susson, now there was a noble and honourable Captain.
Confident to lead his men in to battle under orders but also openly declaring the War a worthless sham and to point out to those in power that they were blind to the horror.

James Blunt said he would have disobayed orders had he needed to which in the end he didn't have to. 'Phew!'
NB; The brother of a friend was in the chain of communications that sent the order to sink the Belgrano.
One was in a real life situation, James Blunt, in the end, wasn't.

Please don't think for a minute that I would be so glib or even disrespectful about the subject were I not to have some understanding of it.

Ta. :biggrin:

Norm

If I am in the closet over James Blunt, it's a six foot long, horizontal wooden closet with brass handles which gets nailed shut and put very deep in the ground. :biggrin:
Make it 12 feet rather than the usual 6, because I understand that, deep down, Blunt's music is ok. :biggrin:

Well they'd have to be a damn good shot from that distance. :biggrin:

My stand is this, I don't think that our boys and girls get anything like the respect and support that they deserve, either on the front line or upon returning home.

The problem lays, as always, with the politicians that send them into combat.

Siegfried Susson, now there was a noble and honourable Captain.
Confident to lead his men in to battle under orders but also openly declaring the War a worthless sham and to point out to those in power that they were blind to the horror.

James Blunt said he would have disobayed orders had he needed to which in the end he didn't have to. 'Phew!'
NB; The brother of a friend was in the chain of communications that sent the order to sink the Belgrano.
One was in a real life situation, James Blunt, in the end, wasn't.

Please don't think for a minute that I would be so glib or even disrespectful about the subject were I not to have some understanding of it.

Ta. :biggrin:

Well I would say they were actually both real life situations, but clearly with different outcomes. But I understand what you mean.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I meant one had a real life crisis of confidence the other, not.

It's just they way the media angle these stories that make me mad, it's floss like this that detracts from the real issues of war, warfareand the respect for those who have lost their lives.

I'm going to have a quiet lay down now and listen to some Motorhead.

I meant one had a real life crisis of confidence the other, not.

It's just they way the media angle these stories that make me mad, it's floss like this that detracts from the real issues of war, warfareand the respect for those who have lost their lives.

I'm going to have a quiet lay down now and listen to some Motorhead.

You will find me in total agreement there, im a fully paid up member of the press haters society.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom