James May is now more than an ordinary cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some interesting parts from an article from James May (Top Gear)
"Bicycles should never be regulated, they should never be subject to road tax, they should not require third-party insurance and competence to ride a bicycle should not be tested. It tests itself, because if you can't do it, you have a crash. Bicycles are the first rung on the personal-transport ladder and should be free at the point of use. I'll champion the bicycle until I'm worn through to the canvas."

"Cyclists jump red lights and ride across the pavement, but so what? Cyclists are pedestrians really, since they are leg-powered. They've just added a few levers and cogs to improve their own efficiency."

But my favourite part:

"Several times a week, I go for a bike ride alongside the river near where I live. It's good for me. Or at least it is until I meet another cyclist coming the other way. "Morning," I chirp, cheerfully, because I am cheerful, filling my lungs with the airy elixir and freeing up my tired old bones. Nothing."

He's started his own 'cyclists acknowledging me" section!!!!
Nothing marks the transition from a casual cyclist to a true CycleChat enthusiast other than starting a thread re acknowledging other cyclists

Full article can be read here

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Markymark

[QUOTE 3168694, member: 45"]Can we get him over here?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he already is here :eek:

OP
OP
M

Markymark

[QUOTE 3168710, member: 45"]Some say that he once was. And that his obsession with horses and Poles in Lidl overcame him.....[/QUOTE]
woosh :wacko:

lololololol

"I had to be prised from one of them by a kindly old dear at the top of a Scottish mountain, as my fingers had frozen to the handlebars. Don't come over all superior with me, you saddle-faced gits."

I'm having saddle faced git:laugh:

Top Bottom