January ride for fish n chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Good work Abs but you can relax a bit now.

We've got a destination, a halfway stop and a suggested route. That is all we need, anything else we'll take care of when we get there.
+1
I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for taking the time to organise everything Abs! See you at HPC :biggrin:

hehe thank me if it all goes well. :biggrin:

Outbound we're gonig to be having a mild head wind but we should be riding into warmer weather. The only issue is that the wind chill could make it feel like it's sub zero.

Quite excited about this now. My tooth pain seems to have diminished a little and I'm feeling better after a good sleep last night. Got lasagne tonight and carbonara tomorrow for the carb load.

Have fun everyone, I'll be keeping busy by doing my first Audax!

Great stuff, all the best! Let us know how it goes.

Abs

stevevw

Guru
Looks like only two of us coming down from Herts now. We will get to KX just after 7:30 so will sprint down to HPC to meet you all at the start rather than on the route.

I have Luke's and Dave's mobile numbers, if we are late I will ring.

mistral

Guru
I'm planning to join you all on this one, looks like it should be a great ride

Thanks Abs for planning & sorting out all the details

Tynan

Veteran
this the sort of ride I'm always looking for, I'm socked in this weekend with all sorts of nonsense, bah, you go rather close to my front door too

have fun and I hope it's not too cold

redjedi

Über Member
Good news is I'm not working tomorrow.

Bad news is I've got home home to find out the boilers packed in and we've got no hot water or heating. Now I'm waiting to find out from my landlord when it will be fixed.
It won't affect my decision to go riding tomorrow, just puts a bit of a downer on the day.
Although it could be interesting if its not fixed by the time I get home tomorrow. After 120 miles I will be in need of a shower!

redjedi

Über Member
Combi boiler Luke? Pressure at 1 1/2 bar etc...may need topping up. (The boiler, not you)

Not pressure, there's a leak inside it which is shorting the electrics., and as it's only 6 months old we have to get a Vaillant qualified engineer to fix it, which will be tuesday
sad.gif

Fan heaters purchased for our rooms and kettles on the go for hot water.

Sorry you can't make it Lee and Matt.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Dont worry. I'm currently in a situation myself. Bike disassembled for last minute repairs and the local power has failed indefinitely. :biggrin:

Top Bottom