Jassy-x...another newbie for the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jassy-x

Hi Guys....a short intro....
...have been reading a few posts over the last couple of days, and thought I would join in!!!....
...great to see such a healthy web community of like minded individuals (even if not all in total agreement:laugh:)...
...have just started to get back on the bike after a six year break with a fairly short daily commute to add to a bit of MTB stuff at the weekends (kids stuff, canal paths etc...)...but it is the roads I'm really enjoying at the moment...it's amazing how quickly you can get ''hooked on it'' again, and I'm hoping to start fitting in some longer weekend runs once I get my cycling 'legs' back...
...one thing I had almost forgotten is the amount of bad drivers on the road these days (or am I just a bad cyclist???)...have already had a few run-in's within the last 4 to 5 weeks, and unlike my avatar would suggest, I am actually a 14st hairy ar$ed scotsman with attitude and a 2nd dan black belt in karate, so I like to give as good as I get....I just can't catch the B******S now!!!....anyway enough of that rant!!!
....looking forward for some interesting bike talk in the future and might even ask the odd interesting question like ''what bike should I buy?'' or ''helmets?, yes or no?''.........well, maybe not!!!:wacko:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Welcome Jassy-X :biggrin:

I'm a cycling newb but have got some great advice here on just about everything.

Its the best forum on the net bar none :wacko:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Welome Jassy another cycling-karate nut Wahoooooo!!!
As for bad drivers - I find that a mawshi geri to the passenger door if they pass to closely normaly does the trick :wacko:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Welcome
I find the bad drivers come in groups. You will have a run in with a few, then the next week it will be mainly good drivers with no problems for a while. Then the bad drivers will come again.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Welcome, Jassy-X, from another Scotsman on the forums !

Yes, there are some idiots on the road but you really only meet them pretty infrequently. They can shake you up a bit though - but you seem far more equippped than me for dealing with any that want to get physical !

Whereabouts are you based ?

postman

Legendary Member
Welcome nice to see so many new cyclists or those coming back.Tell your pals about our site.And look out for our jersey .When your out and about.

OP
OP
jassy-x

jassy-x

Cheers guys, thanks for the welcomes...this internet thing also makes for a refreshing return to cycling as years back I was never able to share my thoughts with others in which for me was always a very private and somewhat lonesome passtime (apart for my occasional altercations with passing motorists).....which I must apologise for going on about in an intro post..but when a skipcap wearing pr!*k in a sooped up Renault Clio passes you at 60 with a gap of about 30cm between elbow and wing mirror (this morning)...kinda sets the mood for the day!!!...sorry:blush:

funnymummy said:
Welome Jassy another cycling-karate nut Wahoooooo!!!
As for bad drivers - I find that a mawshi geri to the passenger door if they pass to closely normaly does the trick :evil:
...mawashi geri would work funnymummy..if I could get close enough!!!!....cycling-karate nuts unite!!!!

Joe24 said:
Welcome
I find the bad drivers come in groups. You will have a run in with a few, then the next week it will be mainly good drivers with no problems for a while. Then the bad drivers will come again.
...I agree Joe24...I try not to wind up the idiots too much, as when commuting there is a tendancy to come across the same guys each morning (don't wish to be a moving target!!)...I also like to acknowledge the better/more considerate drivers when possible...

goo_mason said:
Welcome, Jassy-X, from another Scotsman on the forums !

Yes, there are some idiots on the road but you really only meet them pretty infrequently. They can shake you up a bit though - but you seem far more equippped than me for dealing with any that want to get physical !

Whereabouts are you based ?
Thanks goo_mason...I live in Bonnybridge just outside Falkirk. ....havn't got around to updating my profile yet....

....once again, thanks for all the comments....pleased to have found you all.....looks like a great site!!!

Noodley

rich p said:
This place is like the "British Government" - too many sweaties!

Welcome jassy!:angry:

Listen here laddie....he's got a black belt (although as he's from Bonnybridge he's probably also got white socks :evil:)

Hi and welcome.
When I commute by bike I can go 19 miles on lovely quiet lanes even at 8am.
When I commute by car (most of the time actually) I go on the main road but see lots of bikes on it getting cut up and having a tough time when just over the next field is a lovely route that is actually quicker on a bike.

My point being that lots of cyclists think and cycle routes as they have got used to in a car and overlook the pleasant route that is waiting for them that car drivers avoid cos they cant do 70 along it.

OP
OP
jassy-x

jassy-x

Over The Hill said:
Hi and welcome.
When I commute by bike I can go 19 miles on lovely quiet lanes even at 8am.
...cheers OTH......unfortunately I can only choose the quieter lanes on weekends and dont have that choice on my daily commute (just dont have the time for a longer route).....
...I suppose the occasional dodgy motorist is just part of our cycling environment along with the occasional dodgy weather, occasional dodgy road surface, etc...etc...all part of the fun I guess??.....I would add that most motorists do seem to be of the considerate variety.....

Top Bottom