Jassy-x...another newbie for the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jassy-x

jassy-x

Night Train said:
Welcome to the forum jassy-x. It is a nice place here, I have given up a good few other forums since I've been here.

Scotland is a lovely place.
.....cheers Night Train!!!!......yes I agree...great forum!!....I also visit a couple of other forums, but have practically spent the last week constant on Cycle Chat since joining, just reading old posts and trying to keep up with the new....
...and yes Scotland is a lovely place (something I could never give up!!!)..

jashburnham

Welcome Jassy - keep up the cycling and soon you'll be quick enough to stay ahead of the bad drivers, or catch them up and berate them, whatever you see fit. There are a fair few bad drivers about but a fair few bad cyclists as well! I'll say to you what I say to all new cyclists I chat to - please obey the rules of the road. I'm of the opinion that the more drivers see cyclists behaving like proper traffic the more they will treat us with courtesy. Of course there are plenty on this and other forums that will totally disagree with me but mutual respect has to be won. Enjoy the commute, the bad drivers just add to the fun really. :angry:

OP
OP
jassy-x

jassy-x

cheers jashburnham!!!!....having just returned to cycling after spending the last few years 'behind the wheel', you just forget the difference between cycling and driving on the roads these days...but in saying that I have been finding that my 'cycling skills' for want of better words are gradually returning with the confidence to intergrate more with other road traffic, which unfortunately means when on two wheels, having to put up with one or two idiots along the way......

.....nevertheless.....enjoying the cycling and enjoying the forum.....

...strange thing...since starting cycling again...have kind of 'fell out' with the car....hate having to use it these days.....

Top Bottom