Jazz mags....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I once happened upon a Herbie Hancock concert on holiday in Taormina many years ago and thought it would be fun to get tickets.
What I thought was eight musicians tuning up their instruments while Herbie swung the hose of a vacuum cleaner around his head as he blew into it, turned out to be the main event. I swear no two musicians were playing the same tune.

It was so bad we couldn't stop laughing so did the decent thing and left.

Stunning venue thobut...

View attachment 495598
Odd! We saw him at the Barbican a few weeks ago and 3 years ago at the Ghent Jazz festival, he was brilliant on both occasions and showcasing some great new talent. Your description doesn't match anything like we saw!!! Venue is stunning though....
How many years ago, will try to look-up what album he was working-on back then?

This is very much how we have seen him.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdEnTbYv008

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Paul Desmond’s solo work is well worth a listen, smoother than a amooth thing on planet smooth!
Terrible cover...

1575640949917.png

...great album.

Friend of mine once passed a joint up to George Melly between numbers. At the end of his set it was returned - or, at least, the roach was - inscribed 'Thanks. George.' :tongue:

iandg

Legendary Member
No idea! They're playing Margate tomorrow! You coming-down? I owe you some hospitality :-)

Wish I could make it but prior engagements this weekend.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Your description doesn't match anything like we saw!!! Venue is stunning though....
How many years ago, will try to look-up what album he was working-on back then

I'm pretty certain it was 1999. My late FiL was a massive jazz fan and was keen on Mr Hancock so we were expecting recognisable stuff. What we got sounded very, erm, experimental. Or just mental.

Top Bottom