Jazz mags....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Funnily enough I was listening to Time Out last night. I like it a lot.

"Take Five" is probably considered a hackneyed, cliched, throwaway thing these days due to over-familiarity. Which is why it's nice to turn the lights off, the volume up, and listen to it properly. The drum solo gets me every time, on a real visceral level. It's wonderful.

"Kathy's Waltz"; jazz in waltz time? Fabulous.

It's one of the three albums on the BBC4 doco from a while back, "1959: The Year That Changed Jazz" (along with Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis and The Shape Of Jazz To Come by Ornette Coleman). Worth looking up, that.

Far more drums also a great listen.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I used to go and see him with his "Feetwarmers" at a pub opposite Mount Pleasant post office near Kings Cross. Anyone know the name of the pub?

If its the one on the crossroads of Farringdon Rd and Rosebery avenue at the end of Exmouth Market then I've been in there. If not.... then..... As you were.

I went in some 25 odd years ago with my then girlfriend. It was when alcopops were introduced over here. We walked in and Lucy asked if they had "Two Dogs" here. This was met with the response that they only had one dog.

Two Dogs was a lemonade like alchopop from Australia.

There was another but I forget the name.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
If its the one on the crossroads of Farringdon Rd and Rosebery avenue at the end of Exmouth Market then I've been in there. If not.... then..... As you were.

I went in some 25 odd years ago with my then girlfriend. It was when alcopops were introduced over here. We walked in and Lucy asked if they had "Two Dogs" here. This was met with the response that they only had one dog.

Hooper's Hooch.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

That may have been the one, if I hear the name I'll know.
It was actually John Chilton's Feetwarmers. Here they are, wonderful stuff:

View: https://youtu.be/I9kZZZaZ3kE

Last edited:
Top Bottom