Jeremy Vine "Have you been blinded by bike lights?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it me or are the attacks on cyclists getting rampant? Nobody's been "blinded" by bike lights. Almost all are a tenth the strength of car headlights. Watchdog last night showed that if you so much as get on a bike you will smash your head open within seconds, they switched to a lensed camera so the lighting was all murky and moody as the lead weight plummeted onto the bike helmet and smashed it to pieces. Now that mouth-breathing daffodil Jeremy Vine weighs in with a thoughtful contribution to the debate and Noddy Bacon-Sandwich from Essex will phone in with details of how a cyclist's front light made his face melt off like in Raiders. What a crock.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Jeremy Vine is an idiot.
2. The media don't isolate irrantional hatred for cyclists. They do it for (to name but a few), with much greater harm:
a. Immigrants
b. Asylum Seekers
c. Young mums
d. People on the dole
e. Overweight people
And finally.....

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yes I have been 'blinded' by bike lights. There is one particular pillock who wears a headlamp on his helmet who 'gets me' on a fairly regular basis during my commute. Whilst I believe bright lights for cyclists are a wonderful invention, I also believe that shining them in the faces of other road users is a silly thing to do.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

"600 lumen not suitable for urban roads" they reckon. Only "extreme cyclists" use them. I think my EL320 is 500 lumen.

"Cyclists use bright lights to annoy drivers on purpose" some bellend says.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
"600 lumen not suitable for urban roads" they reckon. Only "extreme cyclists" use them. I think my EL320 is 500 lumen.

"Cyclists use bright lights to annoy drivers on purpose" some bellend says.

Generally I cannot find too much fault with either of those statements. 600 lumens is not necessary in an urban environment and I am sure some cyclists do use their bright lights to annoy drivers.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just caught part of this argument on Radio 2, at present
As cyclists it appears we are putting too much effort into being seen at night, including the use of Hi-Vis. This is a distraction for drivers that causes them to make mistakes.

I'd rather be seen than not seen

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Ive never been blinded by bike light though I do find the flashing ones very annoying. Ive also not come across anyone trying to annoy me with their lights, certainly not enough to warrant a huge debate.

I think car lights need some attention though, there seem to be a lot of cars with extremely bright headlights which stand more a chance to blind someone than a bike light.

Top Bottom