Jeremy Vine in another altercation with car driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
What was the crime he's referring to? The sounding of the horn?

Undertaking.

D

Deleted member 26715

Undertaking.
If the vehicle in front is turning right which it was, it's not an offence, unless he entered some restricted space to do so which again I don't think he did.

Baldy

Über Member
If the vehicle in front is turning right which it was, it's not an offence, unless he entered some restricted space to do so which again I don't think he did.

You could be quite right, but that was what Vine was alleging.

Look at the video again. The BMW was going straight on, and blasted its horn at the 500 for undertaking and cutting back in front of it.

Vine is a prat, but the 500 driver was a bigger, and potentially more dangerous, one.

boydj

Legendary Member
I think JV was quite right in calling out the unnecessarily aggressive driving. Though not in this instance, it's the type of mgf driving that often puts cyclists at risk and achieved virtually nothing. Who knows - maybe the publicity could even persuade the driver to moderate his behaviour in future?

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Looks like JV is about to use it in his Channel 5 program in roughly 10 minutes from now, in a piece about cyclists reporting bad driving. Typically provocative - JV does for cyclists what David Dickinson does for antique dealers.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Undertaking is endemic around here. There is a widespread belief that it is legal on urban dual carriageways. A lot of driving instructors are dangerously clueless (ever seen the way they drive when no-one else is in the car) and some must be promulgating this "fact".

Drago

Legendary Member
Looks like JV is about to use it in his Channel 5 program in roughly 10 minutes from now, in a piece about cyclists reporting bad driving. Typically provocative - JV does for cyclists what David Dickinson does for antique dealers.
Indeed. I'd rather he didn't claim to speak for us at all.

Slick

Guru
Just caught the tail end of it, I assume it was the usual number plate stuff.

Top Bottom