Jeremy Vine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
Where does he say that?

You can tell by looking, he had very little reaction to it, because he was a reasonable distance away from the white line, he reacted more to the police rider behind him shouting.

And I'm out.

The driver didn't have a lot of room because the road was narrow and from what i could see he didn't cross the broken line.
now the driver is probably going to get a reprimand from his company and might even lose his job

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Bloody cops need to learn to ride bikes they should be all booked in for @Drago's cycle craft courses...

Even as they pulled away at the end he was wobbling into an adjacent lane.

Definitely cycle in the centre of the lane, as you don't want to encourage anyone to overtake you in your lane, but don.t ride almost encroaching into the outside lane, where you should be expecting cars buses and trucks moving at a different speed to you.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are they not in a compulsory left turn lane & then go straight forward?

Selection_148.jpg

iandg

Legendary Member
If it's the one with a bunch of high viz cyclists, their road positioning was shocking - the HGV was in it's lane, the cyclists all over the inside lane.

Cyclist (police) appears to drift closer to the outside of his lane as the lorry starts to pass - he needs to learn how to hold his line.

presta

Guru
It seems to me that in a busy city centre, there's no point in making the lorry wait when the cyclists have ample room to keep away from the line, and the lorry doesn't. It's not a country lane.
Regarding due care & attention, the cop was wobbling right up to the line whilst he was gassing with Vine.

Top Bottom