Jerseys for long torso - suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JKPilsworth

My son is 15 years old, 6"1' and still growing. His problem is finding shirts which are long enough in the torso. If I buy him a large jersey, it is a bit baggy at the sides, depending on the manufaturer, but the bottom edge can be a bit of a joke.

While I am on the subject, where can I buy 'long legs' to fit 33" inside leg or more, but only a 32" waist? Even shorts can be an interesting prospect!

Jo

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I hope you get some good answers, similar problem here, 13 years old, just over 6ft and a 30" waist is loose on him. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

longers

Legendary Member
I don't know if this will be any use to you but I've bought a couple of second hand jerseys in good nick at a very reasonable price on ebay from a seller called cyclingtopsuk.

The reason I mention them is because they list the dimensions on there, the measurement across the armpits and the length of the jersey. It might be of some use to you, it may not!

I had a look last night at what they've got for sale at the moment and they're pretty uninspiring but the stock does change regularly.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I know all about this!!

Its nightmare trying to find longs long enough without the body being too big. I got 35" inside legs and every single pair of longs i have ever tried come up short in the the leg. Yet if you go for the bigger size, the body is too big, especially in bibs.

Its worth looking at different brands of clothing. There are 3 main sizing variations i've tried, based on a European styling-italian mainly, American and British. I have found that American clothing (Cannondale) is very good and fits well, and doesn't have the daft short bodytiny sizing styling of the European stuff.

As for longs, Endura are pretty good, and i go for them everytime, but the straps are a little tight over the shoulder when walking, they are fine on the bike though.

johnb5271

I have the same problem with a long torso and the best fitting shirts I have are from groundeffect.nz. Very good shirts and service. US made trousers are your best bet as they often offer various leg lengths.

TimP

The simple trick is bib shorts to solve the short jerseys problem - it then doesn't matter if the jersey is an inch or two shorter than it ought as it doesn't reveal midrift.

For longs - they tend to be either a bit flappy or a bit short. Mind you the compromise of ¾ length for riding when it isn't shorts weather means that at least it looks intentional when you ride around with trousers that don't reach your socks.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dhb longs tend to the thin body/long leg in my experience. I'm 6'2", 32" waist, 33" insideleg, and a dhb XL fits me quite nicely. Caveat is that I only wear 3/4 length longs though.

Jersey wise, I've found Vermarc tend to size for long/thin bodies - not cheap though!

OP
OP
J

JKPilsworth

Compromise on long legs problem

Found a compromise for his recent triathlon club training weekend. He wore his ordinary shorts (for the padding) with his new running legs (from Wiggle) over the top. At least it covered everything.

Still looking, and will check out some of the suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

Jo

Top Bottom