jet wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I only use an el cheapo on wide if the bike is really cacked and it gets nowhere near anything that might be considered essential like BB, wheel bearing , free hub etc.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I dread to think what the impact has been on Britain's landfill sites since cyclists discovered babywipes :sad:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Seams ok for the british sky team to use on there Pina"s ....

Just keep the jet away from the wheel bearings/ bottom bracket/ head set...

Like you Sky advise keeping it away from bearings etc. On the website - also worth noting is they clean the bike with brushes and simply use the jetwash to rinse the soap off, they do not pressure clean the bike. You can see this on the team sky website

I was also talking previously to someone I know from Shimano who told me Sky damage more Di2 kit than any other team with this practice and they have requested that it is stopped.

rps20131228_175120.jpg

Last edited:
:eek: that was the 30th November, shame on you sister:thumbsdown:
Well, yes, but...

You see - my view is that it's about to go out for another ride and get covered in more $hite, so it's not worth cleaning it until after the next ride. And then the next ride. And the next.

Although to be fair, it was a bit crunchy on the last ride, so I might give it a quick hose down before tomorrow's ride, and lob some chain lube in its direction ^_^

I'm another jet wash fan, used carefully. Followed by a good drying and lube. Been doing it this way for years and never had any issues with any of my bikes.

When I get round to it, it gets hosed down to get the worst of the mud off, washed with soapy water with a brush and a brush, odd bits done with degreaser, dried, WD'd and lubed. On ultra lazy days it gets sprayed with MucOff and hosed down. Which also works :smile:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Top Bottom