JoGLE complete at last!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's only taken me about 25 years but today I finally reached Land's End, having been to JoG in the early 90's.. Oh and I haven't been to either on a cycle. JoG was by car, and today I was at Land's End on my Honda motorbike having left home 4 days ago. Slow I know, but I've also done Snowdonia on the way down.

Needless to say the weather today was in keeping with my reputation. It rained all day, was cold, windy and foggy. A truly horrible biking day.

IMG_20180417_120600.jpg

DSC01720.JPG

Got another 3 days to get home (from Looe, Cornwall) and hopefully the weather will be as forecast - warm and dry!
BTW, my experience of the traffic on the roads of Cornwall has put paid to any lingering notion of ever cycling LEJoG.. There's not enough money in the treasury to tempt me to cycle on any of them.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Nice, enjoy the ride home. :thumbsup:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Beautiful and sunny in Denmark this week.

I was hoping to ride in the Transcontinental this year but my work schedule will not allow it and so we are hoping to go down and follow the riders for a few days on motorbike. We cannot decide whether to take the Moto Guzzi Breva 750 or the Honda Innova 125. We have toured on both and I find the Innova to be like a motorised bicycle. Its great.

Either way, we hope to have better weather than you are getting.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
This just in...

Scotland is in the midst of a deadly drought,
Sandstorms are sweeping the Central Belt,
Loch Lomond and Loch Ness are at dangerous levels,
Starbucks and Costa are being closed to water shortages,
Crops are dying in the fields, open fields are turning to dust..
Livestock dropping like flies by the hour.
North Ayrshire has become a desert,
Inverclyde? who really cares:rolleyes:
Hipsters are losing the will to 'be hip'
no mixers for the Buckie
It's terrible

Wee Nicola is asking where is the man who can save us?

dodgy

You'll have to work out the average speed from JOG to LE. Shame you couldn't have delayed the trip for a few days with this weather we're having.

snorri

Legendary Member
Needless to say the weather today was in keeping with my reputation. It rained all day, was cold, windy and foggy. A truly horrible biking day.
It's been beautiful weather in Caithness all week, I was at John O' Groats yesterday, walking along the cliffs at Duncansby Head in the :sun:.
FzXBvKTLHKZ7YTkSffah_fVNBA3WPbw2Be6m4OSY14IG9FQzCZOuof6yZD5hIy7_bE8ovvU3F3UWxbCImc=w1202-h676-no.jpg

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
This just in...

Scotland is in the midst of a deadly drought,
Sandstorms are sweeping the Central Belt,
Loch Lomond and Loch Ness are at dangerous levels,
Starbucks and Costa are being closed to water shortages,
Crops are dying in the fields, open fields are turning to dust..
Livestock dropping like flies by the hour.
North Ayrshire has become a desert,
Inverclyde? who really cares:rolleyes:
Hipsters are losing the will to 'be hip'
no mixers for the Buckie
It's terrible

Wee Nicola is asking where is the man who can save us?
Fear not Mr Mhor, I will be back tomorrow (Friday). Might have time for a quick cycle on Saturday before the summer finishes as per the forecast from Sunday onwards.... Rain and more rain. Brandane has returned! :laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Fear not Mr Mhor, I will be back tomorrow (Friday). Might have time for a quick cycle on Saturday before the summer finishes as per the forecast from Sunday onwards.... Rain and more rain. Brandane has returned! :laugh:
Bright sunshine again today...
Welcome back..
Nelson Street is under 6 ft of sand:laugh:

Top Bottom