JOGLE May 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian Ga

Evening all,

I am in the early stages of planning JOGLE for May 2022. The aim is to do this over 10 days, but will in fact be 9 days of cycling with an afternoon and following morning off in the Lake District to see the wife and kids.

Seeing that stuff is booking up fast I have booked accommodation for my first night in John O'Groats, and final night in Penzance. Now I just need to work out how to get from one to the other!

I am planning on flying home from Newquay airport to Leeds as this is only an hour and a bit on the flight rather than many many hours on the train, and even with posting my bike home is cheaper than the train!! Getting to John O'Groats from Leeds seems to be a little more complicated. Trying to find a way that doesn't take 10 hours or so but not having much luck, think that will just be a long day on the trains.

I have seen a few 9 day routes knocking about and started to use these to plan my own, am planning on b&bs where possible or whatever options to make it as cheap as possible. I will be doing this unsupported, solo, and once I have accommodation sorted will be posting food parcels to arrive a few days before me.

Any hints, tips, suggestions welcome!

Spike
Good luck. I may see you as I am also cycling Jogle this May over 11 days.

Top Bottom