JOGLE - Overnight B&B near Keswick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MARKE020272

Doing the JOGLE in September, having difficulty finding a B&B near Keswick/northern Lake District on a Saturday night. Most places require 2 nights minimum over a weekend. Anyone got any ideas?. Thanks

theloafer

Legendary Member
try here on the coast2coast so are used to people staying only the one night ^_^

http://www.c2c-guide.co.uk/accommodation/keswick

I never book B&B, I have found over the years its just as easy towards late afternoon to keep a eye open for the vacancy signs, On the few occasions I been told we only do two day bookings, i said that OK, I have seen other B&B down the road. Which has brought a change of mind, as one nights money is better than none at all. They know that generally if they have not had a weekend booking by late afternoon the chances are that they will not get one, and need to hope for passing trade. I do understand in the Wilds of Scotland where B&B can be in short supply one should book.

Pigo

I've just completed JOGLE & also had this problem on a few nights as didn't book in advance. Everywhere is pretty well booked even now before school hols!
We were turned away from quite a few places early eve because of the '2 night min' thing.
We ended up riding further on into Ambleside & stayed at the Queens Hotel. A tiny room but the food was good!

Top Bottom