John Hurt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Younger Marmionette came downstairs this morning and proclaimed she was saddened at his death as he was some bloke in Harry Potter and something in Merlin.
A news link I clicked this morning - I think it was the BBC - was headlined "..... Dr Who and Harry Potter actor ...."

I'd take back my licence fee, if I was paying it.

Oh good, I thought it might be just me.
That's the proto-British drama. I am almost certain that's how I came to first know (an love) Hurt, even though my parents didn't let me watch that episode. Certainly the first time I saw ST:TNG, I said to my brothers - "that's Sejanus"

A news link I clicked this morning - I think it was the BBC - was headlined "..... Dr Who and Harry Potter actor ...."

I'd take back my licence fee, if I was paying it.
She was genuinely saddened, so I suppose it shows that:
1) the characters he played crossed generations
2) actors can impact on people
3) I must have done a better job than I thought (despite me not giving a shite if he was deid)

Must have been a contender for having had the most onscreen deaths
Do you not have google where you are?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=most+onscreen+deaths+actor

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 23.52.29.jpg

Last edited:
U

User32269

Naked Civil Servant was a brave choice of role to take in the mid seventies.
Great, great actor. Seemed a spot on guy.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sad news for sure , i think it must be the Harry Potter ones

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Does it have to be a question of one winner? Does every orchestral performance end like that?
I'm with you on this one. In any case, if anyone was to be 'the eclipser', it would surely have to be Siân Phillips, who was electrifying every moment she was on screen.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
OK so stronger performance if that makes you feel better, as I later said.

Its all a matter of opinion isn't it? I can't even remember Sian Phillips as being particularly wonderful which just goes to show, but she might have been.

Top Bottom