Jonathon Tiernan Locke blood passport iffy? (ToB title for Haas?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Speculation concerning Horner et al is fine as far as I'm concerned. Never having failed a test isn't enough to convince many of us that a rider is clean - as we all know from the last silly season's big story.
Cobo, Santambrogio, di Luca, Ricco, Piepoli, Grabovski, Sayer, Voigt have all caused eyebrows to be raised, to name but a few.
Likewise, Froome, Wiggins, JTL and even Cavendish have been queried with varying degrees of conviction over the years.
Most of the Brits on here hope rather than expect JTL to get cleared for reasons of nationality and I see nothing wrong with that.

Most of the Brits on here hope rather than expect JTL to get cleared for reasons of nationality and I see nothing wrong with that.

I don't care where he is from. If he has doped his way up, then he needs to fry. And if he does fry, then there are a load of talented clean young Brits out there waiting to take his place...

VamP

Banned
I think rich misphrased that, as I absolutely DO NOT hope to see JTL cleared for reasons of nationality. IMHO he will not get cleared. The steps taken now are not taken lightly, the stage of the process that he is now at has NEVER seen a rider cleared yet.

I suspect that his cycling career is now over.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't care where he is from. If he has doped his way up, then he needs to fry. And if he does fry, then there are a load of talented clean young Brits out there waiting to take his place...
I think rich misphrased that, as I absolutely DO NOT hope to see JTL cleared for reasons of nationality. IMHO he will not get cleared. The steps taken now are not taken lightly, the stage of the process that he is now at has NEVER seen a rider cleared yet.

I suspect that his cycling career is now over.
Yeah, on reflection I did!
There's a comma or two missing.
Just to clarify, I hope he gets cleared as it will taint British cycling
I don't think he will get cleared
If he's guilty, (and I think he is) he should get banned and vilified

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I have no thoughts on whether he is guilty or not. But I don't see how British cycling will be 'tainted', any more than any other countries are tainted when another rider gets caught.
It won't be any more, but I'd rather that British cycling, and Sky in particular, remained largely dope-free and zero-tolerance.
Spain, Italy and some others are already tainted.

thom

____
It won't be any more, but I'd rather that British cycling, and Sky in particular, remained largely dope-free and zero-tolerance.
Spain, Italy and some others are already tainted.
Exactly - it can be said as an example, had Horner (I'm in the not proven camp) not been associated with the world of Lance Armstrong then the scepticism over his results would certainly be a notch lower. I understand that might make it to 10 on the scale as opposed to 11… but still, the point to make is not about Horner per se, but about the clouds of uncertainty that surround cliques/groups of pro-cyclists. Michael Rogers is a reasonable example of this in my opinion.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
ffs : please note the timings of my post above and the publication of the article here

I was just about to ask if that was a coincidence.

lolz!

thom

____
I was just about to ask if that was a coincidence.

lolz!
Yeah it was - wouldn't the Japan race in Oct be another one of those post-tour money making fake races where all the jerseys act like they're making a race out of it ?
Why would he risk Clenbuterol in a race like that ?
OK the story does not say if the B sample has also tested +ve but you have to ask whether this would be part of something wider in the team or just a guy at the end of his career trying to get improved results to secure his future next year.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yeah it was - wouldn't the Japan race in Oct be another one of those post-tour money making fake races where all the jerseys act like they're making a race out of it ?
Why would he risk Clenbuterol in a race like that ?
OK the story does not say if the B sample has also tested +ve but you have to ask whether this would be part of something wider in the team or just a guy at the end of his career trying to get improved results to secure his future next year.
Prescient tho' Thom. Spooky almost!
he was at the Tour of Beijing too I think

thom

____
Top Bottom