Joosing and Smoothying - recipe ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
New year is still about two weeks away but I've read the hype, and have either been totally hoodwinked or am now on the path to betterness.

All I know is I've just purchased a Nutri Bullet thing from Argos ten minutes ago and it will be here this afternoon. How good are Argos!

Now the problem, what do I make with it, how much and when to slurp it. I've got a few hours to nip up to the co-op and get some veg. I don't want to do frooot smooothies as I've read they can be bad for sugar spikes.

My thoughts for the first batch and veggies to get are.

1 ltr of unsalted tomatoe jooose for the base.
A few carrots
Some kale
Some Spinach
and maybe a dash of Worcester and or Tabasco to pep it up a bit.

I think what I've ordered means it will come with a recipe book so I'll get some ideas there but if anyone is already on the path to inner betterness by doing this, please share your experiences, even if it is saying that you also read the hype bought the thing tried it, gagged, decided that it is bad joo joo and now it is sitting gathering dust at the back of a kitchen cupboard.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Your path is a cul e sac, my friend. Hoodwink Court. Flimflam Crescent. Bore Locks Square (No Through Road)
Might as well earmark a dusty cupboard space for that thing now, while you're waiting for it to arrive.
You could probably buy some dust and cobwebs from Amazon (let's hope for CC's coffers this creates an autolinky) Edit: Yes! and get it's eventual home ready before the machine arrives.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Ooops,

Took the advice and tried to make a bit of space in the kitchen appliance relic cupboard.

Guess what I found behind the George Foreman Mean Green Fat Grilling Machine and next to the bread maker? A blender. At least they'll be able to keep each other company.

But i'll first have to try and make at least one cup of smooth chilled sick before it goes away.

Actually I think I might just leave it on the side as a talking point for hookwinking visiting family and friends to the path of inner betterness and when they doth protest about also spunking £70 on an ornament i'll say "Oh, have you tried adding flax seeds."

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
So I just made my first smooothie.

And it was disgusting.

I horsed a couple of celery stalks, some brocolli brains, some raddishes (yes, I know), a handful of spinnach, a tub of tomatoe passata and a large glug of nandos into the thing and whizzed it.

I think I overdid the celery.

I'm going to read the recipe book before I attmept another.

I horsed a couple of celery stalks, some brocolli brains, some raddishes (yes, I know), a handful of spinnach, a tub of tomatoe passata and a large glug of nandos into the thing and whizzed it.
Worst ever gazpacho recipe!

Essence of green?
a8abfabc75dd6cf6f8a3cc4e23210e31ea70f934.gif

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Worst ever gazpacho recipe!

Yes it was. Also thinking that the raddishes were probably a big nope.

I am a great lover of broccoli, and all brassicas, but only juice recipe that I've tried involving broccoli was foul. I can't imagine it adds much to a smoothie.

I didn't other than making the gag reflex start sooner.

Essence of green?

More of a greyish pinky colour, like plastacine used to go like when all mixed together. Plastacine probably tastes better as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
What a waste of good veg, just use for a salad or if you really fancied passata a veggie stew!

Top Bottom