Joosing and Smoothying - recipe ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
If you build a blast into your routine daily you can't go wrong. I'm on my second machine, I now have a 900w with a larger cup.
I started using one over three years ago and have used it daily ever since. You'll learn by experimenting with textures and flavours to personalise your blasts as we in our house call them and over time have reduced fruit to a minimum and increase the veg content.
Oh and a little tip, adding a slice of fresh beetroot lifts a veggie one from a sludgy green to a glorious vibrant pink.
Good luck and drink the first one with your eyes CLOSED :okay:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Blenders and a Nutri bullet are not the same. Broccoli is lovely in a blast but yuck in a blender.
A bog standard drink for me would be - 1/3 of the mug spinach, small head broccoli, thick slice cucumber, a carrot, 4 strawberries, handful blueberries, tbl spoon sunflower seeds, 8 almonds, slice of fresh beetroot and a banana. Fill to mark with water and blast until texture is creamy and smooth.

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
'Thanks to all who have shared their wisdom thus far.

I'm plucking up the courage to do one for lunch.

I've concluded yesterdays effort was ruined by the nandos suace, which was a new one I'd not tried. Tried it later on its own and is was rank. My vision was to have pint of liquid nandos but without any chicken, sadly it didn't work out that way.

Today I think i'll theme my smooothie around a bloody mary but withoout the voddy. Worcester and Tabasco sauces at the ready though.

Maenchi

StoneDog
It's easy to go overboard putting allsorts together in the nutri bullet, I found it easier to keep it simple and use it as an addition to regular food, they called it a 'boost' and it can be, I put a spoonful of coffee in sometimes (with the tofu&banana&milk) and take it in a small flask for sustenance on a bike ride......:cuppa:
And flip out the seals regularly to clean them.....

Last edited:

david k

Hi
I often have a smoothie for breakfast and sometimes lunch

One large Banana, skimmed milk and often a handful of raspberries or blueberries

Topped off with flak seed and half the recommended amount of diet whey protein

Very nice, feels healthy and isn't heavy on my stomach

david k

Hi
Blenders and a Nutri bullet are not the same. Broccoli is lovely in a blast but yuck in a blender.
A bog standard drink for me would be - 1/3 of the mug spinach, small head broccoli, thick slice cucumber, a carrot, 4 strawberries, handful blueberries, tbl spoon sunflower seeds, 8 almonds, slice of fresh beetroot and a banana. Fill to mark with water and blast until texture is creamy and smooth.
Help me what's the difference?

Top Bottom