Journalist stirring it up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
Apparently the author has written about her mother being run down three times already in various articles - a thinly veiled excuse to write something which is essentially hate speech. What's to say that she even looked before she tried to cross the road? I do not agree with cyclists RLJing but writing stuff like this does not help the rest of us who have done nothing wrong.

OP
OP
P

Pauluk

Trickedem said:
They published essentially the same article 2 years ago. I thought I recognised this.
Shame on them. Wyatt has a real balanced view, with a chip on both shoulders. What bigots, both her and the excuse for a news paper.

OP
OP
P

Pauluk

Hell. The more I hear about this detestable woman and her mother the more I realise just how morally bankrupt and spoilt she is.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Surely she means the ones who wear black with hoods pulled up, and fly around on knackered mountain bikes with the seat as low as possible?! The cyclist in the 2nd pic' down isn't your typical lycra lout!

"Aside from the dangers, male cyclophiles are becoming a blot on our highways. They are weirdly obsessive about their mode of transport and fuss endlessly about their appearance. Bent over handlebars in their garish Lycra armour and insect-shaped-helmets, cyclists see themselves as Lancelots – but look more like Richard III with a chamber pot on his head."

but she seems to think otherwise.:ohmy:

She should be charged with child abuse giving her child such a hideous name, as should her own parents. Then again, I guess to Woodrow and Verushka, Petronella is quite a dull name that sounds nothing like an ice-cream cornet.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Eeeeeerrrr. BULLSHIT!
But the police have established, in conjunction with the Transport Research Laboratory, that half of all collisions between bicycles and cars are the fault of the cyclist.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Makes me laugh - the fact that the journos for the Daily Mail really think people will be swayed by this kind of reporting in that kind of a paper. I wonder how many people buy the paper with a view to getting some unbiased news stories, and how many buy it to laugh at the campaigns and ridiculous articles like these?

OP
OP
P

Pauluk

Sara_H said:
I think the victims stupidly, artificially over inflated lips obstructed her view of the road when crossing.
May be she has over inflated hips as well and the cyclist was just looking for somewhere to park his bike ( )( ) and missed.

sidevalve

Über Member
To be fair the headline does read a MINORITY of cyclists and to just slam the article without admitting that, yes, there are some muppets on two wheels out there is like a car driver saying there are no stupid drivers. Is it helpfull realistic journalism - no, it's more on the level of the "my mother was an alien" garbage. Could it be torn apart with a logical reasoned arument - easily however the "oh dear everybody's picking on us cyclists again" even if it were to be printed wouldn't really get any public sympathy or understanding and would simply reinforce the "cyclists, they're all the same, always in the way" attitude that I suspect 95% of us are trying to get away from. There ARE stupid cyclists, car drivers, dog owners, m/cyclists etc etc out there, rant at them. They are the ones giving cheap journos lots of sensationalist crap to write about.

Top Bottom