Joy of riding a Sportive Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
25cm tyres are now the standard.

If that's the case, where are all the coloured 25mm tyres?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If that's the case, where are all the coloured 25mm tyres?
Easy! The colour dye makes them shrink to 23mm when they're wet.

Anyhow, I had a bike fit once. Not one of those computer and lasers jobs, just an experienced cyclist working from years of experience - and the guys wheeling bikes in and out of his shop weren't new to bicycles in any way.

The process was very much going through many years of riding in half an hour. The jig was constantly being adjusted in the way I've sporadically done with my bikes over the years. So, undeniably quicker than hurting for miles and then sorting the discomfort out, but for me it was reinforcing because, as I went through adjustments similar to the ones I had made, I grew more confident in my own ability to find the right kind of adjustment for my own body. In all bar one aspect, namely saddle height, I agreed entirely with his adjustments. When the bike arrived, the only final adjustments I made was to nudge the saddle back up in fractional increments.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Thanks, great thread. I am amazed that he got it done for less than £3k. Lovely bike.

ps. I noticed that you seem to connect people with the right equipment. Saw it in a quite a few threads. Help appreciated.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I tweaked and worked with coaches, physio etc. For 40 years, I consider the fit I had was well worth the investment.

Can I ask what sort of cycling you do?

fun cycling I guess, ie 20 odd mile xc stuff and 20 + road bike loops .
im planning on doing more road this year, but summer eves are xc with son in law and weekends are mtb and xc, all road biking tends to be on my todd but my neighbour is a roadie so im going to do a few longer rides with him and maybe try a sportif ? Ive got a few local freinds who do the big miles but I simply cant hack that..

screenman

Legendary Member
Did you know that just down the road from you there is a guy that quite a few people use who will do a fit for £45

Levo-Lon

Guru
Indeed, you can do it yourself and trouser the cost of the snake oil sellers...

http://www.bikepro.com.au/diy-bike-fitting

Thanks for this link Drago..I changed the stem to an 80mm from the 100mm,set in upward setting ,inline seatpost from layback and bars slightly up from level. The guy in the link stressed Comfort before everything, so that's what ive set it up for. I may move my cleats back a little but ill see how it goes.
better than putting flat bars on and the riding postion is going to be less stressful

Top Bottom