England : London Jubilee ride out June 4th : London to Guilford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
Come Monday weather permitted as usual. A ride out of London for a few miles maybe attend neighbouring parties for drinks

[EDIT]
The route is THIS
As its an easy ride aim to have 3 4 stops as we are going through certain places we will stop as such West Barnes, Esher, Cobham and one more if required down the line

I have managed to get a GPX files (one has full turns and instructions) if anyone wants them

The start is scheduled for 900hrs at Hyde Park leaving for 915hrs (no later) (road closures won't be till night time 2100hrs)

The trip is 33 miles there so 70 mile round trip :becool:

[edit[ 900hrs meet with 915hrs set off from HPC (Wellington arch)

if we arrive 3 hours so 12/1230 have lunch in Guildford

i have scheduled two stops in esher and cobham 1015 1100 hrs respectiely (subject to time) these will be for quick stock on fluids (tescos express) and a cake/tea stop

time of planned return (london) 1700hrs
if small group avg 12-15mph (if reasonable)
A and B roads with the main road being the A307 couple town riding as we pass through with a short stint on the A3 but this will be an on and off move (off at exit)

stop at chocolate tea pot in esher near the station
Chocolate Teapot
4 Station Rd, Esher, KT10 8DY

Cobham

Cafe Aromas
28 Hollyhedge Rd, Cobham, KT11 3DG

these stops are on the route so should be easier to attend (if i remember)
west barnes is also an optional stops if required

lunch in guildford would be ideal therefore at Gallery Cafe
155 High St, Guildford, GU1 3AJ (it is not opened so next door it is):laugh:

Hello! This sounds like it would be good but sadly I cant make Monday. Have a good one and I look forward to seeing you on the next User1314 Evening Pootle.

Mice

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yeah, I've only cycled twice in the last three months so need to build up the fitness.

I'm sure there will be some higher mileage ones up for it.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Aye sure thing I'll get a route from DZ and compare the two.

Sunday is confirmation of plans.

mistral

Guru
Links not working for me Squire
should be now?

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
The route is THIS
As its an easy ride aim to have 3 4 stops as we are going through certain places we will stop as such West Barnes, Esher, Cobham and one more if required down the line

I have managed to get a GPX files (one has full turns and instructions) if anyone wants them

The start is scheduled for 900hrs at Hyde Park leaving for 915hrs (no later) (road closures won't be till night time 2100hrs)

The trip is 33 miles there so 70 mile round trip :becool:

Let me know what you think alterations can be done, (this way i can learn better)

Thanks
Musa

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Musa
I'm going to make a decision in the morning. Dependent on weather.
Will post on here to let you know.

Top Bottom