England : London Jubilee ride out June 4th : London to Guilford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Might I suggest (following research on 't Interweb), Coffee Culture on Angel Gate (just off North St). Decent reviews (can't find a bad one, actually), quieter spot but central, and easy to get to on route going south (a little fiddlier going north on account of the one-way system).

As for me: I don't want to muck you two (and anyone else joining up) about, so I'll say, if I'm there about the right time, I'll see you, if not, not.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Hi Musa

Can't be sure I'll be along but congrats for going ahead with it.

3 questions.

Do I take it that those stops are definite?

Yes there are definite

Will you be pausing awhile/taking tea even if no-one is there to meet you

How do you mean?

Is it possible to post a mobile number for you on here?

PM'd

all the best

Thanks I'm gonna need it.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Might I suggest (following research on 't Interweb), Coffee Culture on Angel Gate (just off North St). Decent reviews (can't find a bad one, actually), quieter spot but central, and easy to get to on route going south (a little fiddlier going north on account of the one-way system).

As for me: I don't want to muck you two (and anyone else joining up) about, so I'll say, if I'm there about the right time, I'll see you, if not, not.

Ah yeah saw that wasn't too sure how far from centre we ought to go for lunch

I'll PM my number

Sketchley

Über Member
I may well join you. I shall see in the morning. Don't wait for me, if I don't make HPC by 9am I'm not coming or will join at Esher instead.

caimg

Über Member
Just got in from gig...am very tempted, though I may possibly p*ssy out of it it's as rainy as is now - its horrendous out there!

Musa, pass over your num mate. If I come and don't ring or text beforehand I'll be riding my red Triban 3 and red jersey.

Will you all be taking locks for the stops? I'd rather not take mine, should be easy to keep on eye on things if there are enough of us?

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Just got in from gig...am very tempted, though I may possibly p*ssy out of it it's as rainy as is now - its horrendous out there!

Musa, pass over your num mate. If I come and don't ring or text beforehand I'll be riding my red Triban 3 and red jersey.

Will you all be taking locks for the stops? I'd rather not take mine, should be easy to keep on eye on things if there are enough of us?

Your telling me. I put on mudguard but I got tyre rub so I'll need to buy 23c's. So might brave it out this one time.
I have two sets of overshoes available.

I'm not taking mine neither to heavy and I'll rather not carry me rucksack neither

And in NW London. I'm going to use a train today and forget associating my bikes with rain. Have a good ride.

Sketchley

Über Member
Weather in sw London isn't that bad, rain but not heavy at all. On train now to Victoria looks brighter over central London. See you at HPC.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Got bk 20 mins ago wasn't too bad. Appreciate those who wanted to come no hard feelings. Thanks to Sketchley who arrived this morning and to StuAff who met us at the cafe which weren't half bad then accompanying us a route back

A ton here I come.
Metric century done

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Got bk 20 mins ago wasn't too bad. Appreciate those who wanted to come no hard feelings. Thanks to Sketchley who arrived this morning and to StuAff who met us at the cafe which weren't half bad then accompanying us a route back

A ton here I come.
Metric century done

Nice one on the mileage. And good to see you went ahead without us rain wusses anyway.
It's been peeing down here on and off most of the day.
So spent a good 4 hours fixing up and fettling a bike for sale.

Let me know if you want those bib shorts as have someone else waiting to snap 'em up.

Sketchley

Über Member
I had a good time. 63 miles in a bit under 5 hours and only a couple of minutes of rain! Confirmed for me that I can do LonJog despite being off the bike for 10 weeks... It was hard work in places though. Thanks to Musa and StuAff.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I had a good time. 63 miles in a bit under 5 hours and only a couple of minutes of rain! Confirmed for me that I can do LonJog despite being off the bike for 10 weeks... It was hard work in places though. Thanks to Musa and StuAff.

How's is the wrist?

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
If they want you can sell it that's not a problem. I don't want to see bibs for a few days loool

I need to learn how to fettle my bike from scratch it's needs cleaning after 75 miles

Top Bottom