England : London Jubilee ride out June 4th : London to Guilford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Weather's looking good for this. Might ride up to Guildford & get this month's ton done & dusted...what sort of time are you looking to get there, and any lunch stop planned?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The route is THIS
As its an easy ride aim to have 3 4 stops as we are going through certain places we will stop as such West Barnes, Esher, Cobham and one more if required down the line

I have managed to get a GPX files (one has full turns and instructions) if anyone wants them

The start is scheduled for 1000hrs at Hyde Park leaving for 1030hrs (no later) (road closures won't be till night time 2100hrs)

The trip is 33 miles there so 70 mile round trip :becool:

Let me know what you think alterations can be done, (this way i can learn better)

Thanks
Musa

To be honest, 10.30 away is far too late for a decent return home for me.
9am or 9.30am would be better.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Weather's looking good for this. Might ride up to Guildford & get this month's ton done & dusted...what sort of time are you looking to get there, and any lunch stop planned?

Umm mid day 12 is that realistic? Yeh lunch break and teas included

StuAff

If you're going for a 1030 start, 12 is more than a little unrealistic, allowing for stops. 33 miles in an hour and a half? Might be an easy ride for a pro, but not by most others' standards...
Edit: Now changed as I was typing to 9ish...more sensible I think.
And where's the lunch stop then? Can't drop by if I don't know where it is.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
900hrs meet with 915hrs set off from HPC

if we arrive 3 hours so 12/1230 have lunch in Guildford

i have scheduled two stops in esher and cobham 1015 1100 hrs respectiely (subject to time) these will be for quick stock on fluids (tescos express) and a cake/tea stop

time of planned return (london) 1700hrs
if small group avg 12-15mph (if reasonable)
A and B roads with the main road being the A307 couple town riding as we pass through with a short stint on the A3 but this will be an on and off move (off at exit)

stop at chocolate tea pot in esher near the station
Chocolate Teapot
4 Station Rd, Esher, KT10 8DY

Cobham

Cafe Aromas
28 Hollyhedge Rd, Cobham, KT11 3DG

these stops are on the route so should be easier to attend (if i remember)
west barnes is also an optional stops if required

lunch in guildford would be ideal therefore at Gallery Cafe
155 High St, Guildford, GU1 3AJ (it is not opened so next door it is):laugh:
NB we can change where neccessary but for the plans this is it let me know if a yay or nay

thanks for your patience credit to those who plan rides and stuff thanks to mr Ianrauk

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
ok decision made.
I will be at HPC Wellington Arch at 9am.

:bravo::thumbsup:

(im not alone)

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
If you're going for a 1030 start, 12 is more than a little unrealistic, allowing for stops. 33 miles in an hour and a half? Might be an easy ride for a pro, but not by most others' standards...
Edit: Now changed as I was typing to 9ish...more sensible I think.
And where's the lunch stop then? Can't drop by if I don't know where it is.

Ive penciled in gallery cafe on the high st is that sensible to you? it can be changed but I just need something to project

thanks for your patience my apologies

StuAff

Ive penciled in gallery cafe on the high st is that sensible to you? it can be changed but I just need something to project

thanks for your patience my apologies
High Street? I think I know where that is^_^ (done quite a few rides there and back over the past few months, so I'm reasonably familar with Guildford town centre). However, I've just checked the Gallery web site, cafe appears not to be open on Mondays....

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
High Street? I think I know where that is^_^ (done quite a few rides there and back over the past few months, so I'm reasonably familar with Guildford town centre). However, I've just checked the Gallery web site, cafe appears not to be open on Mondays....
oh bugger there are others on the high st we can go :heat:

Hi Musa

Can't be sure I'll be along but congrats for going ahead with it.

3 questions.

Do I take it that those stops are definite?

Will you be pausing awhile/taking tea even if no-one is there to meet you?

Is it possible to post a mobile number for you on here?

all the best

Top Bottom