England : London Jubilee ride out June 4th : London to Guilford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If they want you can sell it that's not a problem. I don't want to see bibs for a few days loool

I need to learn how to fettle my bike from scratch it's needs cleaning

Okey doke.. will sell on,
Re cleaning - To do is to learn :thumbsup: You Tube is your friend my friend.

caimg

Über Member
Nice one guys - I went out for a short local ride and hit a second puncture in a week so thankfully I didn't try to do this!

Sketchley

Über Member
How's is the wrist?

It the hand not the wrist, but not too bad thanks, could definitely feel it when I hit a bump or two, here's hoping DZ doesn't have any cross country sections planned for LonJog..... Doctor says I'm not allowed to crash, so night ride is out and I'll be seeing you all in Wellingborough for Breakfast, I suspect the first few days I'll be hiding, sorry tec'ing, at the back......

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Lovely to meet you Musa, and great to see Chris back on a bike at long last (might I suggest investing in some Fizik Bar Gel...it does work, a little extra comfort for the wrists).

I was up early-ish and ummed and aahed about whether or not to ride- grey, windy...but in view of the weather forecast for the rest of the week (awful), and the off-chance that I'd experience the lesser-known phenomenon that is a tailwind on the return leg, I decided to head off anyway. Which proved to be a good call. Hard work heading northeast, wind in the face the whole way, and the terrain isn't exactly flat, particularly the few miles either side of Haslemere- nothing particularly arduous of itself, but lumpy. I've made Haslemere in two hours before, today it was nearer three. Guildford was four hours (made it there in three before). But worth the effort. Cafe was pretty good, I'll probably go back there on future trips.

As it's only 45 miles or so from home to Guildford centre and I was looking for the ton, I led the guys north after lunch as far as Ockham before we parted ways. Surprise surprise, the tailwind wasn't that helpful when it was evident, but the speed definitely picked up nonetheless. My average for the first part was 10.9 mph, forgot to use the lap timer on the Garmin but overall average for the whole trip was 11.6, so that was at least 10% faster on the way back. And the weather got better too. It did try and shower for all of five minutes in the vicinity of Ockham and Ripley, but cleared up after that, and by the time I was back in Hampshire it was bright and clear. Back at seven, 105.11 miles for the day, moving average 12.5 mph.

Top Bottom