Jumping chain misery, can I claim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Always looking for the bestest components for my bike, I saw Spa had Wipperman Connex 11SO chains at an impressive discount, only £32, so I bought 5 of them, only to find that they skipped horribly on my 8 speed cassette. Assuming that my cassette was badly worn, I bought 3 more, CS-HG50, 13-26, for £16 each, the ones I've used for the last 20 years. Well, the rubbish chain jumped just as badly on a new cassette.
Am I justified in demanding not just a refund, but also damages from Spa for my distress and wasted time?

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You bought an 11 speed chain for an 8 speed cassette. Seems the fault lies entirely with you.

OP
OP
Poacher

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
You bought an 11 speed chain for an 8 speed cassette. Seems the fault lies entirely with you.
Don't you know it's wind-up Friday?

Anyone else shift whilst stood on the pedals? I'm probably wrecking my rear mech and chain but on long climbs I'm very cadence sensitive and need to shift as things gradually get steeper. Wondering if doing so is considered a no-no.
Like, 11 gears. In 10t to 21t? Or 1t ti 11t? I bet it would be awesome on a triple.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Cummon, @Poacher you ought to be able to do better than that. Only @YukonBoy 'bit' (well he's the only one you gave a chance to and it was around closing time) - I think you might have not reeled in the line quite so quickly. @LemonJuice has shown the way (though I judge inadvertently). Tread on cycle tyres or mounting road tyre the right way round, per'aps? Or right of way on a road/cyclepath intersection (with a most persuasive video): that ran and ran.

Top Bottom