Just £2 a month. Noooooo!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've seen the way NGOs carry on in Africa and I don't want to contribute to their luxury isolationist lifestyles. Paul Theroux my favourite travel writer is deeply scathing of them in his book Dark Star Safari. I give cash to a charity called Maachild, which is owned by my cycling buddy's wife who takes no salary but gives the money to educate African girls.

Chris S

Legendary Member
In my view in terms of actual fiscal management, planning, getting stuff done etc...yes a figure head
So in your expert view (I’m guessing you work in the charity sector) what would be an appropriate salary for the CEO of STC if not the quoted $310k or thereabouts? And why that amount?

And for the PM who’s minutely managing the GDP day in day out?

You've already acknowledged that the only way Save the Children can recruit their executives is to pay them huge salaries. I'll leave it at that.

Save the children has an annual income of over $2bn a year. How much do you think someone with that amount of fiscal responsibility, size of team, global reach should earn. Given the need attract an individual with the appropriate skill set to manage and indeed grow the charity to meet the demands of it?

Top Bottom