Just £2 a month. Noooooo!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The garage i worked for, we looked after a small charities cars and vans. the guy who owned the garage did a special rate for them, they stopped bringing there old bangers to us, we found out a year or so later they had bought two brand new Merc salloons and a new Merc van, they went back to main dealers for there servicing.

Could there be a tax incentive for them to take out new lease type arrangement instead of running old bangers i.e. offsetting monthly payments against income?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Even in charity, there is money to be paid. I recall several bike / running events organised by / with charities, but for which the charity got virtually no money.

All the money went to the organisers and the only benefit for the charity was the exposure i.e. media or press coverage.

It's madness.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Us poor pensioners can't afford to subsidise other people's lifestyle choices.
Nobody gives a thought about us. We're invisible. Feck 'em. ;)
If your low income prevents you from helping others worse off than you, that's unfortunate.

However, don't diminish the hardships suffered by those, for example, in poverty-stricken countries who are starving or dying from thirst by glibly passing off their situation as a lifestyle choice. (Winky emoji or not)

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Are you new to this daytime TV thing Bill?

It's been like this since I was an uni in the 90s. You're obviously not riding your bike enough.
Unfortunately I'm not riding at all. Good job I'm in a good mood. (I seem to say that a lot at the moment) It's called taking Grumpiness to an elite level.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Drago

Legendary Member
Just yesterday a beggar asked me for some change. I politely declined, whereupon they got the arriss and gobbed off. "And that'ts why you're not getting my change", said I.

Sharky

Guru
I do a local air ambulance but that's all
I support our local one as well, subscribing to their monthly lottery and have ridden a few charity rides for them, but I think I am still in profit, having had a free ride in one of their helicopters a few years ago!

I wonder how long it will take me to pay back the cost of a 30 mile helicopter ride.

tom73

Guru
local is way to go they don't have the same access to coverage as national ones.
Even big named local branches hardy see a penny most collected never makes it down the tree.
We never did every penny came for income we had to find.

It's important to remember it not just money giving up a bit of your time if you can is great way to help and we are not talking ever week.
Most local charities will more than welcome you want ever you can give.
The odd tin or two for the local food bank or as it will soon be that time again a gift for the local giving tree again we are not talking a lot of money.
Again that's if you can afford it and want to do it in the end it's a personal choice.

Top Bottom