just a word of warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsvdaz

If, like my dad, you spot theiving scum bags nicking your bike do not give chase!
He is currently in Faro Hospital, Portugal with a bleed to the brain, broken shoulder and facial lacertions with out painkillers as the doctor deliberate on wether to perform neuro surgery befor they pin his shoulder.

He is 65 this year, this happened whilst him and my mom travelled through portugal enjoying their retirement in their motorhome

im booked on the first available flight which is 6am tommorrow :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ouch. Hope he recovers !

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
rsvdaz said:
If, like my dad, you spot theiving scum bags nicking your bike do not give chase!
He is currently in Faro Hospital, Portugal with a bleed to the brain, broken shoulder and facial lacertions with out painkillers as the doctor deliberate on wether to perform neuro surgery befor they pin his shoulder.

He is 65 this year, this happened whilst him and my mom travelled through portugal enjoying their retirement in their motorhome

im booked on the first available flight which is 6am tommorrow :becool:

:smile: Sorry to hear that.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

rich p said:
Bollix, that's terrible. Best wishes.
Did the scumbags get nicked?

no..no one really knows what happened it was during the night, he was found and hour later...he cant remember anything..apart from reaching the main road...still dont know if he was attacked, collapsed, fell or run over.

I have been in touch with the FO who in turn, the consulate are now in touch with my mum and hopefully with the police

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
God damn, that's terrible. All credit to your old man for having a go, though, even if it did go a bit pear-shaped - brave feller. Hope he gets well soon. (I'm sure he will.)

wafflycat

That's nasty. I wish him well with a complete and speedy recovery.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Echo all sentiments here, its shocking, I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

My thoughts are with you and your family!

Also wishing him a speedy recovery. Sadly, there's a lot of stuff about thefts from motorhomes abroad, it seems they are a prime target and care must be taken where you park up at night, grim.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

Crackle said:
Also wishing him a speedy recovery. Sadly, there's a lot of stuff about thefts from motorhomes abroad, it seems they are a prime target and care must be taken where you park up at night, grim.

you are right..they always made sure they parked with other motorhomes and panic alarms for security..its all insured..i dunno why he didnt stay in the security of the van..saying that..i would have given chase as well!

rsvdaz said:
you are right..they always made sure they parked with other motorhomes and panic alarms for security..its all insured..i dunno why he didnt stay in the security of the van..saying that..i would have given chase as well!

Of course, it's an instinctive reaction. I once chased three thugs trying to steal my car radio. It was only as I was half way to the car I questioned the wisdom of my decision but luckily they were already running.

Top Bottom