Just another intro..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham1426

Hi everyone

After MB'ing on and off for a number of years, i have decided to dip my toe into the world of road biking, mainly to commute to work but also for pleasure/leisure.

After much deliberation, looking at all the gorgeous road bikes available i have decided to treat myself to an early 50th birthday present.

The bike i have choosen is a Cube Peloton Race, i feel this a good beginners road bike with decent kit, i will be test riding it very soon, i hope it lives up to my expectations.

I also plan to go with SPD's for the first time, so that should be fun.

I very much look forward to reading all the interesting reviews, opinions and general biking chat this forum as to offer.

Happy safe biking everyone.

Graham

welshwheels

:welcome: hope you enjoy your new bike i find no matter how old i am i still get ridiculously excited about a n+1 :bicycle: even when on occasions i have spent over a months wages on one :whistle:

Blue

Legendary Member
:welcome: I got my first road bike at 52 and found that it helped me recapture my youth - even though the fading eyesight, receding hairline, aching joints and failing teeth are trying to tell me that I'm not as young as I feel!!

Enjoy your bike.

welshwheels

I know what you mean, i'm getting excited with thought of getting my new bike...a kid on Christmas Eve springs to mind ^_^
:thumbsup:

got my first road bike at 52 and found that it helped me recapture my youth - even though the fading eyesight, receding hairline, aching joints and failing teeth are trying to tell me that I'm not as young as I feel!!

Enjoy your bike.
don't listen to them go out on the bike and beat them in to your way of thinking !!!!!

ps ^^^ if this does not work fit a triple and a mtb rear cassette and fool them ;)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
welcome.

I don't know your town, but can offer the following advice about navigating it...

If there's a T-junction or crossroads at the top of the high-street, with a bus-stop, pub garden, and crowds of shoppers, do try to remember you've got SPDs on. Sods law says this is the optimum place to fall off. :smile:

Top Bottom