Just back from France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am just back from my nephew's wedding and I stayed at my brother's house near Orleans. It is small village surrounded by miles and miles of flat roads and fields. A cyclist paradise I tell you. No hills to speak of, no heavy traffic or even no traffic at all on some of the roads( may be half a dozen cars a day). These well tarmac C roads crisscross the countryside full of poppies and gently undulating wheat fields. I went for a 1.5 hour walk on my own on Monday morning and just listened to the birds singing all around me, wishing I had a bike so I could go further afield. It was so peaceful, so tranquil, so refreshing compared to even North Wales. I wish I had been able to record the symphony played to me by all the little birds.:angel:
My brother is a lucky man and he knows it, specially when he drove me back to the airport in Roissy Charles de Gaulles, having to crawl our way on the peripheric in Paris.
Give me the country side and the singing birds any time.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If only it was a week later and you would be in the country when the biggest cycling event in the world is on!

Irishrich

Über Member
My wife is from Wales and live in a part of this country (N.Ireland) with nothing but hills so I yearn for a lovely cycle on flat roads with beautiful scenery. I guess France should be on my holiday list but I had a run in with a rude Frenchman called Jacques the last time I was in LaRochelle, Zut Alors!

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
I am just back from my nephew's wedding and I stayed at my brother's house near Orleans. It is small village surrounded by miles and miles of flat roads and fields. A cyclist paradise I tell you. No hills to speak of, no heavy traffic or even no traffic at all on some of the roads( may be half a dozen cars a day). These well tarmac C roads crisscross the countryside full of poppies and gently undulating wheat fields. I went for a 1.5 hour walk on my own on Monday morning and just listened to the birds singing all around me, wishing I had a bike so I could go further afield. It was so peaceful, so tranquil, so refreshing compared to even North Wales. I wish I had been able to record the symphony played to me by all the little birds.:angel:
My brother is a lucky man and he knows it, specially when he drove me back to the airport in Roissy Charles de Gaulles, having to crawl our way on the peripheric in Paris.
Wanna swop houses !!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Occasionally it all comes together for us in the UK... last summer I was cruising along a flattish road in the Forest of Bowland when I had one of those moments... the birds were singing, the curlew soaring and calling, the sheep munching and baaing, the cows cowing, the countryside was green and fresh and absolutely nothing was wrong with me or the bike. Fabulous when it happens.

Sounds a nightmare ;)

If only it was a week later and you would be in the country when the biggest cycling event in the world is on!

Alleycat holding an event in Orleans? AWESOME!!!!

Those cats will really rock that town and teach the French a thing or two about cycling.

No room for onions on my handlebars, Jean-Philippe!

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom