Just been assaulted

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Riding up the housing estate to the field this morning, just before 7am, lights on the bike, a heard a car approaching & then it sounded it's horn, a white van then pulled around me & stood on the brakes, driver then opened the door & got out. I asked him what the issue was & he said something along the lines of "You blocking the f'ing road" At which point he took a swing at me, luckily I had the bike between us & managed to pull back so it wasn't much of a blow, but caused bleeding of the gum & inner cheek, he then fell onto the bike. I then took out my phone to which he said yeah go on take a picture my names Calvin, I didn't take a picture as he drove off I called 999.

Daft thing is it was a liveried van & I know the company, they operate out of a house further up the estate where presumably he was going, I've been to the field & done my chores & am now at home waiting for the Police to arrive, little more shaken than any physical damage.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glad it wasn't worse. Take this the whole way, totally unprovoked !

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very sorry. That's nasty, and it could have been much worse. He needs to be pulled up before he can do it to someone else. I'm sure the police appearing will make him think but he'll only get a suspended sentence and community order, no ban, which would impact him more but it's not a traffic offence.
Can imagine it's really shaken you up.

Petrichorwheels

Sorry to hear this. Bloke sounds like a nutjob so could have been worse, small comfort though might seem. Let's hope the police do their stuff though prob best to keep online reports of progress on that offline until hopefully some sort of resolution.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Report it, bullies like Calvin need to be brought to task before they cause more serious harm.

tyred

Legendary Member
Some complete tossers out there unfortunately. I had something similar once or twice but never got punched.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats bad but sadly I suspect the police won't be very interested, is the company a one man operation? is there anyway to talk to calvins boss? or is he the boss?

Top Bottom