Just been assaulted

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I hope the police do take it seriously. A witness might be helpful otherwise it boils down to your word against his. Even if his wife just ran off with the milkman or his dog just died he has no right to take his anger out on random people such as yourself. It might be that as such behaviour doesn't happen in isolation, he might already have a history with the police which would be in your favour. Apart from the physical dent to your confidence, we all tend to think what if? and blame ourselves for not doing something differently. What if I'd heard him earlier and pulled in like you do so he could get past? He might have just had a go at the next person. What if he'd knocked me down and really hurt me? So many random factors if the planets happen to line up. The fact is, even if he thought you were holding him up what he did was wrong, wrong, wrong and I hope he gets suitably dealt with for it.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sounds like he was still pissed from last night. Tell the fuzz and the company.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Sorry to hear this - sounds like a horrible experience and even though there was evidently little physical damage, personally the event itself would weigh heavily on my mind for a long time and I hope you're better at putting stuff like this behind you than I am (which wouldn't be difficult!).

The guy sounds like a complete tool and IMO you were absolutely right to report him. While I share the cynicism of others about the likely limited actions of the Police, at least it'll be on record and might count against him in future.

To expand on dan_bo's point, might be worth given a bit more thought to the situation - could you smell alcohol on his breath? Were his eyes like flying saucers? Was he driving erratically at any point? Little details like that might make a better case for the Police..

If he's not the company's gaffer it might be worth dropping them a message once the Polis have been - factual and respectful; stating what happened, that it happened in a liveried van and that the Police are now involved - if the fuzz choose not to take it any further then the bloke's employer might not even know it happened. That said, going directly to the company might increase the liklihood of repercussions if the company's run by knobheads..

Will be interested to hear the outcome - here's to a more peaceful day ahead!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Thats bad but sadly I suspect the police won't be very interested, is the company a one man operation? is there anyway to talk to calvins boss? or is he the boss?
TBH I don't know, I'm sure it's bigger than a 1 man band, as I'm sure I've seen at least 3 vans, the small white one from this morning, another crimson/red small & the large blue one on the drive.

I know the address as there was the blue van on the drive & it shows it as the Registered address of the limited company, which is actually against the Covenant of the housing estate, you can't park a commercial vehicle on the drive. The owners are a 60 year old woman & a 40 year old man living at the same address according to companies house.

But I'm not getting involved that way, the Police will locate him & speak to him, hopefully issue him with a caution or prosecute if he has previous, TBH the family is more worried than I am, I ride up the road & back twice a day, they are asking me to change my timings so less likely to meet him again.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

To expand on dan_bo's point, might be worth given a bit more thought to the situation - could you smell alcohol on his breath? Were his eyes like flying saucers? Was he driving erratically at any point? Little details like that might make a better case for the Police..

If he's not the company's gaffer it might be worth dropping them a message once the Polis have been - factual and respectful; stating what happened, that it happened in a liveried van and that the Police are now involved - if the fuzz choose not to take it any further then the bloke's employer might not even know it happened. That said, going directly to the company might increase the liklihood of repercussions if the company's run by knobheads..
TBH it all happened what appeared to be that quickly I really had time to look into his eyes or smell his breath, my main concern was getting out of the way of his right fist, for which the bike did an excellent job. Again I didn't even take the registration which in hindsight was very remiss of me.

As to contacting the company, again I'm leaving that to the Police, they will have to go to the address to ask if Calvin works for them or if they have a liveried small white van, so they will get to know without me stirring things up.

Alex321

Veteran
TBH it all happened what appeared to be that quickly I really had time to look into his eyes or smell his breath, my main concern was getting out of the way of his right fist, for which the bike did an excellent job. Again I didn't even take the registration which in hindsight was very remiss of me.

As to contacting the company, again I'm leaving that to the Police, they will have to go to the address to ask if Calvin works for them or if they have a liveried small white van, so they will get to know without me stirring things up.

Did you have a camera on the bike? While it probably wouldn't catch him throwing the punch, it will probably show the registration number of the van.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The registration of the van is easy to get if its often parked up road... just saying

Glad you're not to badly hurt and hope the police do follow thru

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
That's horrific. Keep agitating the coppers on this as you need yon moron sorted :okay:

Mike_P

Guru
+1 for having a Sportscam on the bike, Aside from recording incidents it could prevent them. I had an incident of an overtaking vehicle slow in front of me; me wondering what the hell they were playing at and then speeding away, possibly having seen the sportscam on the handlebars.

Top Bottom