Just been made redundant :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
cheers for the replies guys :smile:... spent the last 10 years in internet marketing, before that was warehouse work... downside is Lancaster & Morecambe doesn't have much to offer, and most of the internet marketing companies in these parts are little more than con-artists. Tried the freelance route and it didn't work well for me, me and working from home don't go well together... and I've only just cleared the debts! So unless i can find something local doing copy, it's back in the warehouse i guess.

Happend to me at the start of the crash about four years ago. It does knock the ground out from under you and so do expect to feel down. Hope you have some support around you and do talk it through.

mattobrien

Guru
Good luck in finding something.

Good SEO folk are like hens teeth, so if you did want to pursue this route, I am sure you wouldn't have any problems finding something.

I find I regularly get asked if I know good SEO people, which sadly I don't (and also don't have the inclination to learn it myself / diversify my core skill set). Work gets in the way of cycling too much as it is anyway, not wanting to shift the balance even further in the wrong direction.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bummer Monty. Get networking ... quick!
World of work is weird at the moment, if you've no job it's tough, if you have a job ... it's tough.
Best of luck, been made redundant 3 times, but usually things work out for the better.

It's not the end, just an unexpected beginning.

RoyPSB

Über Member
Really sorry to hear that. Gives me butterflies when I read something like that so I can only imagine how you are feeling!

I hope you find something quickly. Good luck to you.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
Good luck finding something, sorry to hear your bad news.

e-rider

crappy member
one minute i think i'm lucky to have job security... the next minute, I've been made redundant with three weeks left to work.

hasn't quite sunk in yet... dunno if there's another 'copywriter' job going in these parts, don't want to go back to doing SEO and really really don't want another spell on the dole.

gutted :thumbsdown:
welcome to the club - if you have a wife or partner that works you wont even get the dole these days!!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry to hear that, Monty.
As NT said, start looking now, as it's always easier to get a job when you are already employed.
All the best for your quest! :hugs:

Top Bottom